I cannot believe that anyone could say one bad thing about this hotel. I stayed in 5 hotels during a recent tour of Sri Lanka and it is hard to choose which was my favourite, as all but one, which was dire, were outstanding. However where the Chaaya Citadel exceeded was the stunning location and the lovely staff. I will never forget the wonderful view from the room over the gardens and river, it was a joy to get up early and have a cup of tea savouring that view. It really is a haven of tranquility. The grounds are beautiful and there are so many areas to sit and relax. The bedroom was very large with plenty of seating and an excellent bathroom with large walk in shower. Food was buffet style with very good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel