Stayed here for two nights while touring Sri Lanka with Hayes & Jarvis (via Aitken Spence). Very nice hotel, excellent room, clean and tidy. Lot's of attention from the staff . Food good (compared to some buffets that we have had). My only minor gripe, as a non-smoker, is that the arrangement of seating in the bar area tends to cause all the cigarette smoye to accumulate in the upper bar area.
This hotel is NOT close to the centre of Kandy, so you'll need a tuk-tuk / taxi / driver to take you into the town if you wish to see the temple.
Nice gardens below the hotel, bordering the Mahaweli river, though I'd recommend some heavy duty deet if you spend any time down there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel