Our room was in the "old" part of the hotel but was very nice and seemed to be pretty new as well. It was a little small but very comfortable and clean. It was great to have delicious fruit juice next to the very clean pool. Next to the pool, they are buildung a new part of the hotel which didn't bother us because it was quiet, but it wasn't very comfortable lying there in a bikini with all the building workers.
The location of the hotel is great! If you come to Polonnaruwa by bus it is a 1 minute walk to the hotel and it is the perfect starting point for your tour through the ancient city.
They rent bikes and can explain you how to get to the sights. The staff is very friendly and the service was good.
We stayed for 2 nights. On the first evening we hat the Jumbo Prawns which were delicious!! On the second night we had Rice and curry which was very good but too expensive. On the first morning we tried to order Sri Lankan Breakfast which wasn't possible. That's why we ate Western Breakfast which was ok and ordered Sri Lankan Breakfast for the next day. We would definetly recommend to order Sri Lankan Breakfast the day before - it was the best during our 3 weeks stay in Sri Lanka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Polonaruwa, an ancient kingdom of Sri Lanka ruled by some of the greatest Kings who left behind the memories of successfully ruled eras. Now Polonaruwa has offered the opportunity to experience the remnants of the pioneer lifestyle and some of the extraordinary historical ruins. Siyanco Holiday Resort founded in April 2006by Mrs. R. M. W. Samarasekara, grasping hold of a vision to develop the ideal accommodation for those interested in seeking a sightseeing trip within the ancient historical city of Polonaruwa, while lodging in a homely environment with the best hospitality services provided to enhance a comfortable stay, at a reasonable cost. Siyanco Holiday Resort operates as a privately owned 'A' graded budget hotel approved by the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority, providing all the basic luxuries for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Siyanco Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siyanco Holiday Hotel Polonnaruwa
- Siyanco Holiday Resort Sri Lanka/Polonnaruwa