My family and I stayed at vil uyana for two nights and as I sit on the balcony over the water at dawn to type this, I find it hard to put into words the serenity and magic of this place. We live in Dubai and this beautiful "hotel" is the complete antithesis of the hustle and bustle of our normal day to day lives. We've seen land and water monitors, terrapins, a plethora or fish and birds...the monkeys, the butterflies and the sounds of the natural world have charmed the stress out of us. The food has generally been very good, especially dinner on the second night...a five course delight. The breakfast is well put together with good choices and timely delivery. My wife had two treatments at the spa and commented that the rooms were beautiful and the treatments good value A couple of practical points though, it's been mentioned by other reviewers that "some" of the water dwellings do not have pools...actually none of them do. When booking I requested that our water dwelling have a plunge pool, I received no feedback to state that the dwelling type selected did not have a pool so was a little disappointed to find out that none did when we arrived. An email back after booking would have out this right. Our children are five and seven and although no one at any stage has made them feel unwelcome..in fact its been quite the opposite, I still would say this probably isn't an ideal hotel for them. In all honesty I think they are too young to truly appreciate it! They have had a wonderful time, climbed Sigirya rock, been charged by a naughty young bull elephant at minneriya national park, which although a little scary was very well handled by our guide and driver, but besides that and seeing nature in its finest regalia they've been able to watch the everyday tension and stress unwind its grip from their parents - something I hope they remember as fondly as I'm sure we will.
There were a couple of slight negatives that are the reason I've only given a 4 star, my wife thinks I shouldn't mention...and all in all in all it does seem unfair to be critical, but if the management really want to be know a world class resort, then some tiny changes need to happen, mainly just attention to detail in the restaurant. Having said that, we would love to return someday, although probably without the children in tow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Infused with eco friendly, sustainable modern design, Jetwing Vil Uyana is nestled deep in the heart of the island paradise of Sri Lanka incorporating five main ecological zones from forests to marshes. It is a retreat perfect for tranquility seekers or for those who wish to be close to the island's rich array of flora and fauna. The challenge of introducing a wetland system on reclaimed agricultural lands provides the unique backdrop for this exciting property. A strong 'back to nature' theme pervades your every moment at Jetwing Vil Uyana and the uniqueness of the experience is unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jetwing Vil Uyana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Hotel Sigiriya