“Kadju House made our honeymoon truly memorable!”
Review of Kadju House

Kadju House
Ranked #25 of 133 Speciality Lodging in Tangalle
London, United Kingdom
“Kadju House made our honeymoon truly memorable!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at Kadju house for a week in early October last year, as the main leg of our honeymoon. Decided to share our experiences with others since my wife and I cant stop reminiscing about our our wonderful and restful time at Kadju House. I had been to Sri Lanka previously and knew that the beaches further south from Galle towards Tangalle got better that the ones further north. But I did not expect that we would be getting such a marvelous bit of beach at Seenimodra! Its relatively private, catering to a handful of private villlas, and just moments away connect by a few steps down to sea level. The house is positioned in such a way that you get spectacular views of the Indian Ocean along with hearing its calming sound track!

I believe the website other comments on tripadvisor were helpful in helping us decide that this would be our honeymoon venue. After all we were looking for something special in terms of comfort, style and beauty... and not least somewhere private! Kadju House delivered on all those in spades. But what we did not expect was the warmth and caring of the staff. Each one, from the cook, to the bearer and Keerti who mans the spa made our stay feel special and pampered. I love curries and my wife only eats fish, so we were in heaven! Only thing to mention here is that alcohol is difficult and expensive to come by, so do stock up at the Duty Free on arrival. Also get your own coffee if you are very particular like myself. The staff cater to your needs and whims so the most challenging yet rewarding part of the day was deciding the lunch and dinner menu for the day over breakfast (breakfast menu was done over dinner the night before and was combination of exotic fruits for my wife and sri lankan delicacies for myself). The we would decide our spa treatment for the day and make sure we were by the beach in the hours leading to to sunrise. My favorite time was the day was dawn, worth getting up a six in the morning for. We also hired a yoga instructor who elevated the zen vibe.

Getting to Kadju is relatively easy from Colombo, but do try to take sea plane one way if you can. Terrific views!

Room Tip: Three are 3 double rooms but our favorite (and the one we stayed in) was the top floor beside the po...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This property is magic. Only a stone's throw away from the unspoilt beach of Seenimodera, where there is hardly ever anyone except the fishermen with their morning catch, this property exceeded all expectations. From the wonderful staff, to unique local flavours in the food preparation, to the experience of living in an architectural paen to Tropical Modernism, there is nothing not to like about this place. It is a hidden slice of heaven, where you can disconnect, recharge and immerse yourself in the bounty of nature. This was my first experience of living in a villa that embraces the outdoors into its architecture so seamlessly. And the pool is simply other-worldly. I traveled alone, but this is a wonderful property if you are traveling with friends or as a couple. I will surely go back. One small request to the management - kindly upgrade your music system in the pool area and/or please provide music systems for guests in the rooms. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had an amazing time in Kadju House.

The place itself is stunning with the pool overlooking the Indian Ocean, a very nice design...

The fantastic staff, the house, the beach, the pool, everything, was simply the best and perfect!

It's not paradise, it's just Sri Lanka!

Many Thanks.
Mu

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank muriel p
Paris, France
Reviewed 24 October 2013

It's not paradise, it's just Sri Lanka! We had an amazing time at Kadju house, everyone was helpful and willing us to have the best time ever, which was the case. Nice view, beautiful house, good food... what else? Thanks to the team... Michi and Mu

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

All I will say is that this was the very best holiday I ever experienced. The house , the staff , the beach ,the pool , everything. Simply the best and most romantic three weeks of my life. The attention detail made me cry with happiness at times. The chilli crab remains firmly in my memory palette and one day I hope to experience it again. The cook is just so talented and he even gave my partner a cookery lesson. That pool , wow that pool and that view just magnificent , especially as we sipped fresh mango juice made from the freshly picked fruit. The gecko's in the evening entertained us far more than any tv show. Waking and opening the windows to the wildlife call sometimes took my breathe away. How lucky we felt. We actually went in Jan in 2010 for our pre moon and Kadju House actually made our wedding back in London complete. Kadju House was the perfect appetiser to the most perfect few months. Sri Lanken's are beautiful people and hopefully one day their beautiful land will be healed from wars and disasters. I doubt I will ever return but I will in my imagination.

Room Tip: We had run of the house but the bedroom on the pool level was our fav.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alicarron
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A beautiful modern villa run by exceptionally kind, helpful people. Nothing was too much trouble, from changing my flights to taking me to see turtles laying eggs at night. Beautiful beaches, with nobody on them. Swimming in rivers without crocodiles in them. It was perfect in every way. I cant recommend it more. None of this could have happened without the wonderful natural kindness of the people of the south.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Our family of 5, 2 adults and 3 children arrived late in the afternoon and were a little taken aback by the appearance of the house (the house appeared incomplete).

We were met by Keerthi, the villa/house manager and introduced to all the staff. The chef took us through all the menu options along with Keerthi's assistance and so it was with a little trepidation that we unpacked our bags as we had been royally spoilt at all the other establishments we had stayed at.

Our initial fears were entirely unfounded; the staff made this our most enjoyable stay down South. The food that was prepared daily was magnificent and arguably the best we had in 3 weeks in Sri Lanka. The table was impeccably prepared for every meal and the service was simply amazing. Keerthi's excursions were from the top drawer and we count ourselves blessed to see turtles walking up the beach, laying their eggs, covering them up and returning to the ocean.

The beach is a casual 5 minute stroll away and on our second morning we were met by net fisherman bringing in their catch for the day. We all did our share and helped haul the net in and were suitably rewarded for our efforts with a few fresh fish.

There is simply nothing that can be faulted except to say that the house and the fixtures and fittings could do with a little TLC and be made a little more child friendly, especially around the pool area where it is very hazardous when wet.

The bill for the whole week of sumptuous food ended up costing us around £75 (3 amazing meals every day, with dessert). Leave it to Keerthi to take care of.

To Keerthi and his team we wish to say a massive thank you again for a most memorable and enjoyable stay. You treated us as one of the family and our excursions will be remembered for a lifetime; particularly the kindness that you showed our children.

This villa should be on everyone's itinerary!!

We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: The room upstairs does not have an airconditioner. The two rooms downstairs both have airconditionin...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Doha_Resident_1
Vikrom, Owner at Kadju House, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your wonderful review. Kadju House was built in 2007 and concrete exterior walls, lime washed internal walls and indoor-outdoor living spaces are central features of our design philosophy of 'tropical modernism'; the uncluttered minimalist finishes and fittings provide a neutral backdrop for the stunning natural surroundings. I will instruct the staff to be more cautious about wiping wet floors in the pool area when kids are playing/splashing in the pool.

Vikrom