Our gorgeous room had every luxury amenity plus smaller details like note cards and bar snacks. It also had a spectacular ocean view with floor-to-ceiling sliding doors and a full length balcony. It was spectacular to see during the day and the sound of the waves lulled us to sleep at night.
The ocean was extremely rough. We saw a group go in for a swim and one of the (2) hotel lifeguards accompanied them until they came back out. The beach was very clean.
My favorite part was Nero, who looks like he's mostly black lab. He's the official greeter but I guess he got some time off. We played in the waves and the sand until we both needed a nap.
It is a fabulous place and we would really like to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a mature coconut grove fronting a crescent-shaped beach, Amanwella is a seaside resort offering 30 contemporary suites, each with private plunge pool and terrace. The resort's suites are linked by pathways along a landscaped rise with beach and ocean views. Guests can relax on the expansive terrace surrounding the main pool or on the sand beach. The seaside town of Tangalle is nearby and a short stroll will reveal village life and Sri Lanka's diverse flora and fauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Amanwella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanwella Hotel Tangalle
- Amanwella Resort Tangalle
- Amanwella Sri Lanka/Tangalle