Stunning is an under statement!..the architecture, the food, the service, the view the culture..probably one of the best in the world..5 star!
The view over the bay is magical.
Also stayed at the Galle Aman which was really nice as well..very colonial vibe..The Galle fort centre is a definite stopping/shopping spot..probably the best tourist set up. Sri Lanka feels more safe than ever as well as the new highway system take hours off the travel.
For me the Tea Trails area on a train ,Galle for shopping , Aragan Bay for surfing and the Amanwella for chilling out are the pick spots in Sri Lanka!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a mature coconut grove fronting a crescent-shaped beach, Amanwella is a seaside resort offering 30 contemporary suites, each with private plunge pool and terrace. The resort's suites are linked by pathways along a landscaped rise with beach and ocean views. Guests can relax on the expansive terrace surrounding the main pool or on the sand beach. The seaside town of Tangalle is nearby and a short stroll will reveal village life and Sri Lanka's diverse flora and fauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Amanwella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanwella Hotel Tangalle
- Amanwella Resort Tangalle
- Amanwella Sri Lanka/Tangalle