“Clean, inexpensive, with great food - perfect place to stay”

Sasagara Beach Villa
Ranked #24 of 120 Tangalle B&B and Inns
Warsaw, Poland
“Clean, inexpensive, with great food - perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My name is Lukasz and I'm from Poland. Sasagara was recommended to me by my colleague, who was in Tangalle 3 weeks before us.
This place is a 4-room house, with 3 rooms available to guests. It is very very very clean! (cleanest place place in Sri Lanka, that we have visited). It doesn't offer AC, but it's so close to the beach, that wind cools everything to a perfect temperature :)
It's close to city center (5 min walk), but it's also very quiet. It's about 100m from the beach.
YOU MUST TRY DINNERS that are prepared by the mistress - especially prawns - they're awesome.

It was the best place that we have stayed at in Sri Lanka!!!! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Casole d'Elsa, Italy
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stopped in Tangalle just for one night and met this wonderful, wonderful family that welcomed us in a confortable and clean room. The kitchen is one of the must. The friendly and warm atmosphere would made us stop for many days more, unfortunately we had to meet with other people in Mirissa, but we'll never forget their Srilankan warm hug. See you next time!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sabaidee1978
Xewkija, Malta
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had a very nice stay at this place for 2 nights. It is simple, clean, and offers everything you need, a few meters from the beach. There are 3 rooms. It is run by a very friendly sri lankan famiily who are doing their best to fullfill your wishes and make you feel comfortable. Rice and curry is also very tasty, always fresh. I can only recommand this place. It is the nicest place I found in the sourrindings and for good value. Internet is also available.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Y B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was there just three days, but I like it. Family was very friendly, foot was really perfect.
It better to stay here like in bigger guesthouses, because you will feel real family atmosphere.
And of course don't forget order sri lankan breakfast, and also try perfect vegetarian curies or fresh fish for lunch or dinner. I recommend to everybody to stay here, if you want to visit Tangalle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My name is hetty from Indonesia. I know this place from a germany friend who really recomend this place. This is a great place to stay. The owner family are very friendly. The room is big and clean, and the price is quite cheap. The location is also perfect, not at beach side but just 10 meters from the beach, I can still hear the wave sound from my room, and about 10 minutes walking from the tangalla bus station and city center. It is peaceful there, without any vehicle noise on the street, only wave sound and bird sound. The food they provide is also delicious, srilankan food and taste like home cooking. Nilanthi (the wife) is a good cooker. The thing that I really like here is the pick up service, I was picked up by the owner from the bus station with a very unique vehicle, modify tuk tuk but that was an amazing experience. Thanks to mr. Thenu and nilanti for your hospitality. I will really recomend this place to other travellers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo