We stay here from 16th to 18th Oct. The staff are very helpful, special thanks to Shirley & Tony for their assistance in all the transport arrangements. They made us feel like VIP the moment we check-in.
Shangrila has 3 hotels - namely Hanging Garden, Music Villa & The Old England. You could ask any of the staff from any of these hotels to arrange for transport to the various places of interests or to the other hotels (under Shangrila) if you are their guests & happened to dine or visiting one of their hotels. They hv designated pickup timing but they are always happy to arrange for special pick up (if you have a big group or your timing happen to coincide with a big group). Their transport arrangements really make it very convenient for us, we have the best of both world. The convenience of transport to the places of interests as well as the serenity of the our hotel, which is really peaceful & quiet, away from the crowd.
The room that we had is fantastic, double storey, the upper storey consists of 2 single beds but we only used the double bed on the 1st storey. We asked for a room with a view & indeed we could see mountains & part of a river from our balcony. They even hv a coffee machine (complete with coffee powder) & snacks. As they do not have a kitchen in this hotel, they provide free instant noodle after 11pm. From 9pm-11pm, they provide free drinks (with 2 types of nuts & 3 types of cookies per table) at their lobby. You could choose your drink from the drink menu provided. They would call you at about 8.45pm everyday to remind you that there are free drinks at 9pm. Good Personal Service !!
We went from Taichung to Cingjing by a rented car which charge us NT2000 per car. We had some idea on how to return to Sun Moon Lake which is our next destination but not 100% sure. We were really glad to learn that they could even arrange transport for us to Sun Moon Lake & charge abt NT450 per pax if to XinShe Information centre & abt NT 500-550 per pax if to your designated hotel. These rates is only abt NT100-150 more expensive to the rate charged by some of the tourist buses. From the Free-Go website, I think they are charging NT400-450 per pax. But do note that you have to share the car with some strangers (which is perfectly fine with us).
If we were to visit CingJing, we will definitely stay with them again & may even try out their Old England.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in Nantou, Cingjing Xiafei Music Villa is a great base from which to explore this vibrant city. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. No less exceptional is the hotel's easy access to the city's myriad attractions and landmarks, such as Small Swiss Garden, Cingjing Farm, Evergreen Grassland. At Cingjing Xiafei Music Villa, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. Top features of the hotel include free Wi-Fi in all rooms, express check-in/check-out, luggage storage, Wi-Fi in public areas, car park. All guest accommodations feature thoughtful amenities to ensure an unparalleled sense of comfort. The hotel's recreational facilities, which include garden are designed for escape and relaxation. With an ideal location and facilities to match, Cingjing Xiafei Music Villa hits the spot in many ways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Ctrip TA so you can book your Shangrila Music Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangrila Music Villa Hotel Nantou
- Shangrila Music Villa Taiwan/Nantou County