This seems to be either the sister property or same group as Lea Lea Garden Hotel, which was about 30 metres down the road. We stayed in the new wing, which was 6/7 story building still being done up. Only the lower floors were open for guests, with a lot of construction material still in the car park. There was only a small desk at the lift lobby serving as the reception counter. This didn't seem to bode well at first.
However, we were pleasantly surprised once we entered our room. It was really huge (one can put another 2 double beds into the space) and everything was spanking new and worked. It seemed like we were the first guests to stay in the room. Large flat-screen TV, daylight curtains with large full height windows (too bad there wasn't a view) made for a very comfortable stay. The sink was also outside the WC and shower, which made is convenient.
Breakfast was provided at the other property (which was the Lea Lea Garden hotel). This was adequate with mainly Chinese dishes and not much western options. There were also free soft drinks.
Beside the hotel was an outdoor stairway, which led to a path heading towards the Sun Moon Lake ropeway (cable car) station, about 10 minutes' walk away. There was a nicely done up garden/plant wall beside this stairway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lea Lea Hotels-SUN MOON LAKE is fine style and built by the cypress and owned the fame as "the first and big wooden house in Asia ". The unique location can let you enjoy the fun to angle for fish in balcony of the room. It is the special hotel near the sun moon lake which provides you a unique living experience.There are indoor swimming pool, sauna, Chinese chess room, business center, and there also are functional meeting room, a business center, gym. We provide the perfect service. A 180-degree spacious and bright round French window catches the scenes of Sun Moon Lake for you, the zero- distance lake moves the all kind of styles in four seasons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Richforest Hotel-Sun Moon Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Richforest Hotel Nantou
- Richforest Hotel Nantou
- The Richforest Hotel-Sun Moon Lake Taiwan/Nantou