“worthy of a visit”

Sun Moon Lake Full House Resort
Ranked #27 of 131 Hotels in Nantou County
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We literally dropped into the resort. It was raining while we were in SML and was attracted by the very interesting garden at this resort. It looked like a page from some fantasy storybook - sculpture of rabbits, crocodiles, fairies, giant lizards and ants and many Christmas trees. As we stumbled around the beautiful garden, a helpful staff came to assist us. We decided to try Ghent resort out.

Dinner at the resort is a little pricey but it is well worth the experience. The hot pot was really sumptuous and the dining area makes you feel like you are dining in an antique shop. The staff were helpful but short handed. The cashier is also the concierge and the counter not always manned. We could have walked off without paying!

Tip- come early to get a good place for dinner. Eat indoor as there are bugs and mosquitoes outdoor. I''ll come back again if I return to SML. Try the hot pot. It is worth the $$.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jangtravels

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Very nice staff, gorgeous place, comfortable and peaceful environment.
People are very friendly and helpful, the first morning we missed the breakfast, they worried we didn't know so reminded us they offer free breakfast. When we were pressed for time to catch the lake bus back around to the main bus terminal, the owner offered us a ride without request.
The place is amazing

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank longshince
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We stayed 1 day at Full House during our Sun Moon Lake trip. It was such a beautiful space. Our room is big and pretty. I love all the wooden structures and paintings.

I'm not a fan of their bathroom though. Whilst it was pretty, it is not very functional. We have to take a shower on the deep bath with no shower curtains so the water went everywhere and wet the whole floor. Then you have to practically climb out of the bath to the wet floor carefully in case you'd slip. I think it would be difficult for older guests like my parents or grandparents.

The restaurant downstairs was a bit dear for dinner but the hot pot was definitely worth it with its big portion. The breakfast was simple but delicious.

The floor plan might be confusing to some travelers. We came in from the back straight to the hotel lobby but the 'reception' is actually below near the entrance of the restaurant. So be aware.

The location is good and quiet, just a bit away from the hustle bustle.

All in all, a good stay.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linda_chicha
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I read the previous reviews before booking and after staying for 1 nite, I can understand where they are coming from.

In terms of the decoration of the hotel, it is the most unique i have seen. Sculptures, paintings, art pieces everything and beautifully decorated throughout the main hall, gardens and rooms. It is even more magical at nite when they light candles in the gardens. My kids have so much fun running around the garden and taking pictures with porcelain sheeps, frogs, crocodile, metal gargoyle ....

Okay, now on the service. The check-in is a small desk by the side. I really have to walk around looking for someone who can help me. Not sure who is guest and who the owners are. In short, just take the key and you are good to go on your own.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kangtan
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The full house resort was situated in some backward surroundings which gives it a rustic feel but not exactly classy - u got chickens running loose and muddy roads.The hall is quite pretty as what u see on pics - cosy rustic . However, the rooms is miserably dark , small , ants along walls in bathroom , rusty kettle , taps with low pressure . when my kids jumped on the bed , my hubby went into sneezing spasm ! the steamboat was great though . wont go back . my hubby cursed and swear miserably .

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2011

N23°50'52.59" E120°55'47.79" Listed by Lonely Planet and Rough Guide as a restaurant on the 1st floor and a hotel above, we were walking into an antique and souvenir shop. Wrong place? Don’t know, because nobody came to welcome us. So we walked around but nobody did care. We found somebody behind an office desk (strange) and asked if this was the restaurant we were looking for. Without paying any attention to us she gave the menu. All right, so this is the restaurant! Looking again at this “restaurant”, we found the seating still not all right and left. Outside, we looked at the garden with large tables for tour group. Somebody has to reinvent this restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I stayed at Full House, Sun Moon Lake for 2 nights with friends and 2 nights alone. I booked Full House after reading reviews. It is on the other side of the lake to the touristy hotels which wasn't a problem. In fact it proved very peaceful - just what I was looking for. The staff spoke very little english but other guests helped and there was no problem. I booked this hotel direct via email and confirmed the arrangements when I arrived in Taipei. The resort is quaint and set beside local homes and near major hotels and a short walk to the wharf area. Rooms overlook the lake or the mountain. I had a lake view. All rooms had a balcony. The shuttle bus was adequate and the owner told us to ring him if we required transport after the bus ended at 6 pm. The owner also drove my friends to a Doctor in another town. Nothing seemed any trouble. One of the shop owners told me Full House was one of the best. There was a restaurant and a beautiful courtyard. The bed was 'firm' but this seemed to be the norm at any hotels I stayed at in Taiwan. Bathrooms varied. One room had a hip bath while the other room had a full shower. There was filming taking place in the courtyard. Overall this was a wonderful place to enjoy the lake. I would stay this side of the lake next time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends