“Good location and friendly hotel”
Review of Cherng Yuan Hotel

Cherng Yuan Hotel
Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Nantou County
Bern, Switzerland
“Good location and friendly hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel staffs are very friendly, our room is very clean and comfortable though the room we booked without lake view but you can see the whole lake view during the breakfast!

Room Tip: We booked double bed room in 5F without lake view but with elevator!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 小艾愛

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The service was excellent! We love our rooms. It was spacious, clean and neat. The toilet was spacious too. I like the fact that I just need to collect hot water outside my room. It saved me the trouble to boil hot water. My siblings love that there was heater in the room as they were afraid of cold. The hotel owner was always lovingly serving us tea to 12 of my family members. The hotel location was excellent. It was just in front of the pier and we were able to have the first hand news to know that the pier was open during the unpredictable weather. The Ita shao pier was excellent as it has all kinds of eateries and yet it was not over crowded. The restaurant just right beside the hotel serving beef noodles was quite good. The fried rice was nice too. I went to the main pier which was Shui She Ma Tou (水社),it was over crowded and never ends of loads and loads of tourist that came with coaches. I was so glad that I did not choose to stay there. The best thing to do was to spend half a day riding bicycle around the Sun Moon Lake. The design of the bicycle path was excellent. If you would like to enjoy the ride effortlessly, it would be good to ride on a motor engine bicycle. If you are riding with your young kids, it would be a must option to take the electric bicycle.
Lastly, my hubby left his mobile at the hotel. The owner helpfully dispatch it to us to our Taipei hotel. We have an enjoyable stay at Sun Moon Lake.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank SerinChng
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed in room for 4 person. It was facing the lake and you will get fantastic view of lake. Best place to get photos. The people working there are really helpful and will suggest places to eat and visit. But the downside is, everything closes by 9pm.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Chansucy
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

It was conveniently located by the lake. You could have a good view of the lake from the balcony (not sure if all rooms had lake view). The room was extremely roomy and all over ground to ceiling windows which made the room very comfortable and allowed lots of sunshine to get thru. The breakfast was simple but homey. People were extremely friendly. I love the place and strongly recommend to anyone. Will definitely go again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ikatfloral
Singapore
Reviewed 8 August 2013

For me, this hotel has it all, convenient location; terrific lagoon view; wifi, big room with jaccuzzi bathtub, all at a much more reasonable price than all big hotels in the area. Have to qualify that I had booked the family room which comes with a bigger room and the jacuzzi bathtub. I added an extra bed as there were 5 of us but even then, the room was
still quite spacious.

Hotel owner was also very helpful to offer suggestions on places we could visit, street food and restaurant as we did not do any homework. They had suggested that we should try the various street food for lunch as these will be closed in the night which we did and will recommend this for you to do the same. For dinner, we tried 富園餐館as recommended (its only round the corner,1min walk away) and the food was very good!!

Took the boat ride and did not enjoy it. However, if you like to check out some of the places of interest accessible from the pier then this will be an option as other options will be cycling or taking the internal bus that arrives at 1hr frequency. The boat ride cost NT100 if you buy from the hotel or from the ladies at the pier. Quite a number of other places of interest are only accessible by car/bus. Personally if I were to do this over again, will just spend all my time in the comfort of my room to enjoy the lake view without jostling with the crowd.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Cryz_lin
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We arrived here just after the typhoon. Everything was closed so we have nowhere to eat lunch. The receptionist walked with me to another hotel to ask them to sell us the lunch from their buffet - closed to non-guests. Nice of him, but also, despite the fact that we were almost alone in the hotel, he told us to come back at 3PM to check - in (it was 1:30PM). In the morning averey possible booth with food was open again, so we could pass ready made breakfast with almost anything eatable and buy some yummy Vietnamise rolls and red bananas.
Pluses: fantastic view, location at Sun Moon Lake close to the gondola, big bathroom with jacuzzi.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marcin D
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 June 2013

i booked a family room online. it was huge and nicely done up. DO enjoy the view up at level 7 when you have your breakfast. However, i encountered connection problems with the wifi. when I asked for help, the service staff did come into the room to check the connectivity. He tested on his iphone and said there was no problem at all. His reply was rather curt, saying that the problem lies on my phone, and not their problem. I had never encountered any wifi connection problems since i reached TW, and he was also using an iphone. Altho i understand not everyone is an IT expert, but some empathy would be good instead of a curt reply.

Room Tip: NO swimming pool available.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family