We took the Nantou bus from Taichung and travelled to Sun Moon Lake at a cost of TW$190 each. The journey took us approximately an hour and after dropping off at the bus station we took a ferry across the lake at a cost of TW$100 to Skylight Bed & Breakfast. The B&B is a short walk from the ferry terminal.
We booked a double room and stayed on level 3 of the apartment. There is a lift in the B&B which helped with the transport of luggage. The size of the room is comfortable for two people. The bathroom has a large tub and a rain shower. The tub can easily fit two people and is a nice way to unwind after a long day of sightseeing and traveling.
The location of the establishment is also very close to several amenities such as a 7-11 and a Starbucks. There are also shops selling local food and souvenirs.
The nearest attraction is probably the cable car station but you will need to take the public bus to get there. The wait for the public bus can be very long. Otherwise the ferry ride across the lake is also an attraction on its own.
The owners, a young couple, are friendly. Breakfast is served on the roof level and you will enjoy a nice view of the lake in the morning.
In summary, what we liked:
1) friendly owners
2) nice bathroom facility including a large tub
3) easy to find shops nearby
What we disliked:
1) a little further from most of the attractions
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skylight B&B (bed and breakfast) is in a great location at one of the main piers of Sun Moon Lake, Ita Thao, which is an aboriginal village. The B&B is sited in the middle of the shopping street with many food stands and restaurants, only a 3-minute walk from Ita Thao Pier. Due to the neighboring high buildings, the rooms don't offer lake views. Despite this, Skylight B&B is proud of its modern comfortable design. Every guestroom is well equipped- with Wi-Fi, air conditioning, heating facilities, a flat-screen TV, a fridge, an electric kettle and free toiletries. The bathrooms each have an overhead shower and also a huge stone bathtub, which will definitely release your stress and wash your weariness away after a long day. The bed is queen size and it comfortably helps you have a good sleep at night. Guests are offered a fresh and delicious breakfast on the top floor of the B&B. They can relax and enjoy the sun terrace of our outdoor restaurant. Skylight B&B provides easy access to all attractions: a 15-minute walk to Ropeway Station, a 15-minute drive to Shuei-she Bus Station, and is an 80-minute drive from the Taichung High Speed Rail Station. Sun Moon Lake enjoys an abundance of unique and interesting sightseeing spots, such as Ci'en Pagoda, Xuanzang Temple, Shiwatou Trail, Dazhuhu Trail, Peacock Park, Wenwu Temple, Longfeng Temple, and also many lovely trails and bikeways. The Skylight staff know very well about the environment, and they can make your travel and stay the most enjoyable it can be. Furthermore, we speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Skylight Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skylight Bed & Breakfast Taiwan/Nantou County