“Perfect!”

The Lalu Sun Moon Lake
Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Nantou County
Reviewed 25 March 2014

A warm and friendly reception greeted me at this hotel, despite the outwardly cold temperatures. Whilst my luggage was being transferred to my room I was offered a seat in the lounge, with tea, nibbles and a superb vista overlooking the lake.
The bedroom was well equipped and all the equipment was explained to me. The balcony, complete with mattress covered lounger, was roomy and overlooked the tranquil lake. When the room was later turned down, a candle was lit on the outside table.
The shower was hot and powerful, the toilet seat warmed when in action!!
The hotel also had a well stocked library, with books, daily newspapers and CD's. These I used in the bedside player.
Both breakfast and dinner were of excellent quality, served by pleasant and helpful staff.
It is an ideal location to relax and explore the area around Sun Moon lake an area of outstanding natural beauty. I also had access to a, free to use computer, to keep in touch with the outside world. Would I stay here again? yes, only longer!

Room Tip: You shouldn't have a bad room here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Lalu Sun Moon Lake

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We didn't stay in the hotel but local friends invited us to a meal. A greeter showed us around before the meal and treated us like VIPs. What a welcome!

The food was excellent, as was the service, which was attentive but not over-zealous.

The view would have been superb during the day but unfortunately it was going dark as we arrived so we missed out a little. However, this did not detract at all from what was a remarkably memorable experience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian2109
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Lalu has to be one of the finest hotels in the world! Its location on the lake is magnificent. Views from your suite are glorious whether on a foggy morning or a bright sunny afternoon - it is really unparalleled .
The suite is beautifully furnished. Large and comfortable. Fruit plate is changed every day. Towels and linens fresh.
The bar area is a little congested, but it is not crowded. The view there is also fantastic. The bar serves a delicious plum drink whenever you stop by. A very hospitable gesture.
Service is top notch. Although not part of an international chain, at least not to our knowledge, it is managed like a five star hotel. Staff in housekeeping, front desk, doormen and guards all very respectful, polite and attentive.
The breakfast has good variety and service is good. But to get to the dining room, you have to go down a flight of steep stairs.
The Chinese restaurant serves good food and again service is excellent.
Architecturally, this is a beautiful hotel. Calm and quiet.
The only thing is some areas, like the elevators, corridors and doors, are showing their age. If more maintenance is put into it, this will indeed be a great hotel.

Room Tip: Get a suite facing the lake. As high as you can get.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed in this lovely hotel for a night last week . I arrived late and little did I know, I made a mistake with the days of booking. The staff at the reception, Sara , helped me to sort things out and made amendment for me with booking .com ( it was totally my fault ) . If it was not for her, I would have paid for an extra night . I really appreciate your help Sara!

The room was huge with a dining area and living area. It must have been around 35 sq m or more. Bed was comfortable and with a soft quilt cover. Water pressure of the shower was good and towels were soft and fluffy.

Wifi in room worked great and there were cable tv. There was a large balcony which provided fantastic view of the sun moon lake.

The breakfast was buffet style with freshly cooked eggs.

After all I am very happy with this hotel and if I ever go back to Sun Moon lake, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
WillieL00, 公關經理 at The Lalu Sun Moon Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review on our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our suites and pleased with the assistance provided by Sara
We look forward to welcome you back to The Lalu Sun moon Lake
Kind regards,
The management team

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Having read reviews about this resort I was quite excited at the prospect of visiting it. The rooms are pleasant, but dark on a cloudy day, lacking in power points and the vanity mirrors badly lit. NO screens onto the balcony so one has to suffer mosquitos or the" scent" of coils, The bar area is pleasant enough but the day we were there freezing cold, and although the open fire was lit the staff refused to shut the large sliding doors so extremely draughty, as it would be unsafe? In pouring rain it seemed unlike that customers would wander in and out? Also it's necessary to go outside to use the bathrooms, perhaps that's an Australian touch from the architect? Breakfast was average, many staff intent on cleaning up plates etc, not on serving customers, Juices were wrongly labelled and cordial like in taste, The entire building seemed tired and in need of refurbishment. Hotel is also a long way from any other attractions

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gems151

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our property and I am sorry to hear you have not left the Lalu with great memories.
The Lalu Sun Moon Lake takes very seriously its commitment to meeting guests’ expectations. It is unfortunate that we fell short on this occasion.
You have highlighted few points which will be reminded to our team with follow up training; the door should effectively have been closed for the comfort of our guest, the chef will improve the quality control of the seasonal fresh fruits used for our fresh juices served during breakfast.
We are looking forward welcoming you back to the Lalu Sun Moon Lake.
King regards,
The management team

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Classy, quiet, and a far break from the tourism of Sun Moon Lake, the Lalu was the best hotel we stayed in on our recent trip to Taiwan. While the new W in Taipei may be trendier and newer, the Lalu was breathtaking. The views were incredible. Our suite was paradise. I didn't eat a meal there but the people I was traveling with enjoyed their traditional Chinese restaurant. I was too busy photographing sunset and sunrise from our balcony. Five Stars all the way.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if every room has a lake view but in this case I would pay whatever it costs to mak...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
CeliaKuo, 專員 at The Lalu Sun Moon Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We wish your trip to Taiwan and The Lalu a memorable one. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Took a day to relax here during a recent business trip. The calmness of the lake and nature around you are complimented by the superb hotel staff, amenities and cleanliness. I missed the Japanese restaurant as it was closed during the week, but the main hotel restaurant food and service were excellent.

The rooms are spacious, great views, modern amenities and CLEAN. Plenty of relaxation amenities provided, but the view and quiet/calmness were all that I needed.

I highly recommend the Lalu Sun Moon Lake to unwind.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation. If you visit Taiwan again, we would like to have you stay with us.