Our 2-nights stay at Laurel Villa was a wonderful experience. Not only was the B&B strategically located within walking distance to the pier, bus station, convenience store but it is also within walking distance to some walking trails around the lake. This family-run minsu treats us more like friends than customers and they are ever so eager to please and ensure that we have enough food for the breakfast that comes with the room as well as the package dinner.
Like what Wayne told us, not all customers might get the same treatment; not to say that he discriminates, but depending on the number of guests they have for the night, he and his family might just be too busy handling the administrative work or other aspects of the B&B business that customers might feel that their needs are not met. Some guests' expectations might be raised after reading of the good experiences of others and the number 1 ranking by tripadvisor and when they don't get what they expect, then their comments might be negative.
To ensure everyone has a good stay, Laurel Villa strives to ensure that guests take care of their rooms the same way they would of their own homes. Hence this might not go down well with customers who feel that since they paid for the services, they should be free to do as they please. Just remember that if we does our conservation bit for the environment to cater for future generations, we are also contributing towards the comfort of future guests if we comply with the rules at Laurel Villa.
I would think that Wayne and his family did an excellent job in educating guests on the environment. On the extras that he provided in terms of fireflies trip and morning sunrise tour, he did it willingly and without any extra charges but with the hope that every guest would go home taking with them good memories of sun moon lake.
Wayne, keep up the good job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you very much for long period support! We have newly renovated our Minsu and gave all our rooms a new look! Our rooms are easily accessible by our guests, including the elderly and/or disabled. Guests get to experience a warmth homely feel with hearty and healthy breakfast during their stay here. We also organise morning tour of which you get to capture scenic views of the Sun Moon Lake. We are thankful for many of our guests' remembrance and support. We hope you will come and join us for a special local experience in Sun Moon Lake too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Laurel Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laurel Villa Hotel Nantou
- Laurel Villa Taiwan/Nantou County