“A great place to be from a city life” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taiwan Juhu Farmstay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taitung
Taiwan Juhu Farmstay
Ranked #6 of 892 Taitung B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“A great place to be from a city life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our family had a 4D3N stay at JuHu. The place was wonderful and tucked away from the bustling city. We were very happy to have a short stay at the quiet mountain area and surrounded by the nature. The food were gorgeous. The type of healthy organic foods that I would like to have if not everyday cooked by Mrs Lai. Also, not to mention Mr Lai who was patience but at the same time eagerly trying to introduce the beauty at his backyard. My family spent a great and fun time with him especially my son. You would definitely feel refresh after the stay

3 Thank PandaEye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family and I (incl 2 kids 15 and 11) just came back from a three-night stay at Juhu Villa and I am planning when we can go back. We did a two-day tour and it was well worthwhile, as it was very tailored to what we wanted. See below for my son's comments on what it was like for him and his sister. What I noticed: the absolutely beautiful decor in all three guest rooms, very high quality furnishing and fittings, and spotlessly clean. The beautiful lush nature right outside our door (including frogs!) The freshness and simplicity of the food. The chef is great! The way that the owners are so easy-going and nice to be around. They clearly love what they do and love to share the beauty of the area with their guests. Comments from Dylan (15): The owners quickly picked up on what kind of people we were and what we would be interested in doing. We did a lot of outdoors stuff: we went on giant swings in the woods, learned to climb trees, went to the beach, learned about nature. They managed to accommodate the interests of the three children there (another family's boy, my sister and I) whilst keeping the adults interested. Even though my sister and I are fussy eaters, they still did an amazing job of helping us to try new things. The food there is great, no matter what kind of eater you are. The owners were super super nice and helpful and were a great couple to spend our three-day trip there with. It's a great place because you can keep both the adults getting what they want whilst the kids get what they want out of a holiday.

Room Tip: All three rooms are nice, and have the same layout each with a different twist in the decor.
1 Thank Jane P
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The only bad thing you can say about this place it that it makes you sad - when you have to leave.

This place is out of this world. We had a fantastic time - for lack of a better word. Everything you read in the reviews of Juhu Villa is true, but understated, as it is hard to describe with words HOW magnificient it is. The owner family is not just going the extra mile, but treating you like a family friend. I am so happy I found this place on tripadvisor - I am only halfway through my Taiwan experience, but this experience cannot be beaten.

You may think their prices are steep when you just see the numbers. But I can assure you: You never cut a better deal, especially with the packages. You see so much, you learn even more, you get the best food you can imagine... And you will spend worry free days in a lush setting in a rare combination of luxury and local life.

If you really want to get to know Taiwan, this is your place to come to. And even as a local you will find out things about your own country you never knew.

The host family has a very close bond with nature, so take your kids and let them have some free lessons about local plants and wildlife. There are several swings around the farm, so they can fly over the forrest - and will happily agree to the hike up the hills. My 12year old always crumpy preteenager turned into a smiley for the time of our stay.

We had the 3D2N package, but had we known how great it is, we could have easily stay for at least 10 days. There is so much to see in the area, and just staying on the farm is already the vacation of my dreams. I hope I can return soon.

2 Thank screennamenotallowed
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Visited the quaint establishment in Mar 14 after reading the online reviews..needed a nice break from the city..and indeed it was! I feel 3D2N was a tad too short to really enjoy the peace and quiet of the place as we took up the package with itinerary.. so if possible, one should at least go for 4D3N! Rooms are clean, nicely decorated and spacious...No meal was repeated as the host really took effort to present different dishes..and it was indeed refreshing and yummy!

We made a request for the minsu to assist in getting us a cake as we wanted to give a birthday surprise for one of my friends..not only they bought the cake from the most famous confectionery around the area, they also did not want to charge me for the cake!! What hospitality!

One should not miss the swing ride behind the dining building..which the host had insisted that we gave it a try before leaving.. and it was well worth it! and our screams were well heard down at the dining area! According to the host, there is another higher and exihilarating swing up in the mountains, overlooking the cliff, but we did not have time as more travelling time is required...what a waste!

Will certainly be back to enjoy this minsu better!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BHsing
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

What a place! Just the road leading up to the place is beautiful: passing through through orchards of banana and orange trees, the views of the East Coast, and then arriving at Juhu Villa where we were so genuinely welcomed by Mr. Lai and his wife Mrs. Hsu. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very luxurious. we had an afternoon walk into the surrounding hills, guided by their lovely dog Hsiao-hei (Blacky). After dinner Mr. Lai introduced us to the surrounding wild life: we saw flying squirrels, 11 kinds of frogs, and even a Taiwan deer! Indeed such a REAL place, with the warmth and sincerity (as so rightfully described by one others here) of Mr. and Mrs. Lai. Everyone visiting the East Coast should spent at least one night at Juhu Villa.

Room Tip: there is ne room, the most beautiful one, net to the pond with frogs, and they all sing the whole ni...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had an opportunity to work in JuHu this summer. It is a hostel located in a very beautiful and isolated mountain area, and it was an experience that opened my eyes to the incredible relationship that can be formed between hosts and guests and the people and the land. During my stay there, serving costumers never felt like serving but more like welcoming friends who came far to visit. I have made many friends with the guests there. Most of the friendships were initiated from the guests' curiosity in my errands in their organic farm, which often turned into an eagerness to help out, a good fun time, and eventually came to become a greater understanding and appreciation for the respectful relationship that the hosts had established with the land. The simplicity of life there is one without distractions of internet and pollution, one that helped people to develop respect, appreciation, and curiosity towards the people and liveliness in nature and the surroundings. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who loves experiencing a freedom from work and school, and a freedom in imagination!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Taitung is already a pretty place to enjoy the hospitality of people and the natural resorts, but to some more delight to your trip, I truely recommend this place to stay over. You will get to know more about the place around including the animals,plants, surroundings, food, culture and so on. Besides, all the meals, which are cooked in simple ways to bring out the natural flavours of the ingredients, are pretty much organic with limited carbon footprint. Its a great place to relax and just take your time, as well as great place to go hiking, which you may have the chance to oversee the east side of Taiwan's coastline. The owner operates it with warmth like home, which you can feel once you drop by.
簡單、熱情是我對竹湖山居的體驗,在這裡,你可以盡情舒展五官,享受大自然與民宿主人帶來的熱情饗宴: 如果你喜歡接近大自然,了解台東/台灣獨特的動植物、地形景觀、文化等,這裡不啻為最佳首選;如果你喜歡爬山運動,你將有機會登高望遠一覽眾山小並眺望東部沿岸美不勝收的景色;如果你喜歡新鮮有機食材烹煮的料理,在這裡,你可享受到山珍海味的原味...誠摯推薦大小朋友一同前往這個世外桃源~

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends