“In the middle of the forest”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taitung County
Taiwan Juhu Farmstay
Ranked #19 of 948 Taitung County B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you would like to get away from your typical hotel, this is the place to be. Went there with family and my 2 kids (13 & 8) and it was a sad thing that we only spend a nite here. We miss all the good stuffs and programmes but the owner were kind enough to arrange for a nite walk with us, showing us types of frogs, spiders and stars. And he know his stuffs. If we were to spend another day there, we may just be able to do other activities. The kids enjoy the swing though. It is far away from any convenience shop, night market whatsoever. You literally stay far away from other neighbour as well. Just love those frogs, cicadas, crickets singing a nite.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve513KL

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We are now here in this wonderful minsu for 4 days 3 nights since 15 may 2014.

We love this place for the beautiful views of the mountain and even can see the sea! There are only 3 rooms in this minsu which are beautifully decorated in different theme and you can see the skylight as you shower! We took the full package which included all meals and tours by the minsu owners, Mr Lai and his bubbly wife Mei-Chu. They gave us the exclusive best service and even took us to eat at very good food in restaurants and showing us the beautiful sights of Taitung. We enjoyed our stay with them and met different people who also stayed at this place that make our stay wonderful enjoyable

Room Tip: All the three rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at Juhu Villa for one night during a 10-day trip through Taiwan. As many other reviewers have commented, a longer stay would have been preferable though it was nonetheless an amazing experience. The environ of the property was gorgeous, with greeneries all around and plenty of hiking trails to explore. The rooms themselves were well-maintained and classy.

As for the highlights of the stay, oh where can I begin? As others have commented, the owners' dog Shiao-Hei was super friendly and accompanied us on our hikes. As we love dogs, that was a pleasant surprise! We had an amazing night walk through a grove full of fireflies - it was surreal. Also rode up the mountain in the back of the owners' pickup, which felt like a scene straight out of Jurassic Park, san the dinosaurs. The owners built these giant swings that were ridiculously thrilling - and offers a great view of the valleys below. The prepared meals were wonderfully delicious and beautiful - we all thought they were the best meals we had on the whole trip. All-in-all, the stay surpassed our expectation by leaps and bounds - the only regret being that we could not stay longer! Will definitely return on our future visits to Taiwan.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SleepyMike650
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our family had a 4D3N stay at JuHu. The place was wonderful and tucked away from the bustling city. We were very happy to have a short stay at the quiet mountain area and surrounded by the nature. The food were gorgeous. The type of healthy organic foods that I would like to have if not everyday cooked by Mrs Lai. Also, not to mention Mr Lai who was patience but at the same time eagerly trying to introduce the beauty at his backyard. My family spent a great and fun time with him especially my son. You would definitely feel refresh after the stay

3  Thank PandaEye
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family and I (incl 2 kids 15 and 11) just came back from a three-night stay at Juhu Villa and I am planning when we can go back. We did a two-day tour and it was well worthwhile, as it was very tailored to what we wanted. See below for my son's comments on what it was like for him and his sister. What I noticed: the absolutely beautiful decor in all three guest rooms, very high quality furnishing and fittings, and spotlessly clean. The beautiful lush nature right outside our door (including frogs!) The freshness and simplicity of the food. The chef is great! The way that the owners are so easy-going and nice to be around. They clearly love what they do and love to share the beauty of the area with their guests. Comments from Dylan (15): The owners quickly picked up on what kind of people we were and what we would be interested in doing. We did a lot of outdoors stuff: we went on giant swings in the woods, learned to climb trees, went to the beach, learned about nature. They managed to accommodate the interests of the three children there (another family's boy, my sister and I) whilst keeping the adults interested. Even though my sister and I are fussy eaters, they still did an amazing job of helping us to try new things. The food there is great, no matter what kind of eater you are. The owners were super super nice and helpful and were a great couple to spend our three-day trip there with. It's a great place because you can keep both the adults getting what they want whilst the kids get what they want out of a holiday.

Room Tip: All three rooms are nice, and have the same layout each with a different twist in the decor.
1  Thank JaneP0
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The only bad thing you can say about this place it that it makes you sad - when you have to leave.

This place is out of this world. We had a fantastic time - for lack of a better word. Everything you read in the reviews of Juhu Villa is true, but understated, as it is hard to describe with words HOW magnificient it is. The owner family is not just going the extra mile, but treating you like a family friend. I am so happy I found this place on tripadvisor - I am only halfway through my Taiwan experience, but this experience cannot be beaten.

You may think their prices are steep when you just see the numbers. But I can assure you: You never cut a better deal, especially with the packages. You see so much, you learn even more, you get the best food you can imagine... And you will spend worry free days in a lush setting in a rare combination of luxury and local life.

If you really want to get to know Taiwan, this is your place to come to. And even as a local you will find out things about your own country you never knew.

The host family has a very close bond with nature, so take your kids and let them have some free lessons about local plants and wildlife. There are several swings around the farm, so they can fly over the forrest - and will happily agree to the hike up the hills. My 12year old always crumpy preteenager turned into a smiley for the time of our stay.

We had the 3D2N package, but had we known how great it is, we could have easily stay for at least 10 days. There is so much to see in the area, and just staying on the farm is already the vacation of my dreams. I hope I can return soon.

2  Thank screennamenotallowed
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Visited the quaint establishment in Mar 14 after reading the online reviews..needed a nice break from the city..and indeed it was! I feel 3D2N was a tad too short to really enjoy the peace and quiet of the place as we took up the package with itinerary.. so if possible, one should at least go for 4D3N! Rooms are clean, nicely decorated and spacious...No meal was repeated as the host really took effort to present different dishes..and it was indeed refreshing and yummy!

We made a request for the minsu to assist in getting us a cake as we wanted to give a birthday surprise for one of my friends..not only they bought the cake from the most famous confectionery around the area, they also did not want to charge me for the cake!! What hospitality!

One should not miss the swing ride behind the dining building..which the host had insisted that we gave it a try before leaving.. and it was well worth it! and our screams were well heard down at the dining area! According to the host, there is another higher and exihilarating swing up in the mountains, overlooking the cliff, but we did not have time as more travelling time is required...what a waste!

Will certainly be back to enjoy this minsu better!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends