“This place is Not Reputable because....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Colon
Hotel Cayo Zapatilla
Ranked #37 of 42 Isla Colon B&B and Inns
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“This place is Not Reputable because....”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The only ATM at Banco Nacional is always breaking down and this hostel takes advantage of their guests and tourists by charging them 10% to get cash from their debit card from their little store. What they are doing is totally in violation of the credit card company rules and regulations and is just about as sleazy as you can get. Tourists have little choice as there is no other place to get cash and they take FULL advantage of them! I was forced to give them $20 to get $200 and have the reciept to prove it! BTW- Their cost for the transaction is about $0.30!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JamesGoulding

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was hoping to stay in a budget and this is definitely a good choice. The location is perfect, central from the whole island. Even though the noise level at night is pretty loud, I do not blame them, the noise comes from the streets which is something you cannot avoid. Theres hot water and it was decently clean. I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone who is on a budget but can actually get some quality stay.

• Stayed August 2013
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Comparing to all hostels I've been, I found this Hostel not great but Very Good to be fair. We we're given a room almost at the back so I was wondering where is this loud noise other reviewers were saying, ours were comfortably quiet. The fully airconditioned room is a real value for $30 bucks a night and they have a working TV, some hostels don't. The room is not too spacious however not bad either, clean & so the private bathroom. Hot water is also an option. The hotel is located at the town center, just few steps from the municipal park.

Then there goes this kitchen which is the downside of the Hotel. I couldnt heat up a food I bought outside because their microwave don't work at all. I don't know why it was there anyway for nothing.

None the less, Im giving it 4stars out of 5 since my stay was comfortable enough. I would definitely be back here again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms located at the back, to avoid noise I guess..
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jacel d
alta gracia . cordoba
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stood with my girlfriend for three days, good things, well located, has a supermarket downstairs, you can pay with credit card, and is the cheapest. Bad things, too hot if u don't pay the extra ten dollars for the AC, the towels are too ware out, is kinda noisy and not really private for couples if you mind about been heard

Room Tip: rooms are kinda the same everywhere in the hotel, tiny
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Although you pay 20$ for two people on a double room, the room was cleaned with an air fan and private bathroom (hot water and clean).
Good location on the center although it can be noisy sometimes. There is a kitchen to be used, much better so far from what we have seen in other central america country (Costa rica).
Wifi was very good everywhere in the hotel

Room Tip: Rooms at the back will get less noise. Maybe it is good to pay an extra 10$ to get the Air condition...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank popov66
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The room was dirty and the fan did not work. It was so hot that we couldn't sleep. Even if it was not hot, we wouldn't have slept anyway because it was so loud ALL night long. We could have dealt with these problems because the price was very cheap; however, the lady at the front desk was in cahoots with a young man who told us he would take us on a snorkeling tour the next day. He told us to pay him 1/2 upfront and to meet him the next morning at 9 am. He never showed up. I asked the front office lady where he was , and she at first acted as if she did not know what i was talking about and then finally said the young man was coming at 9:30. He never showed up and we were out about 25$. I do not recommend this place at all! It is not tourist friendly, the owners are con artists and the place is dirty and loud. There are many other nice and affordable places in Bocas. There is no point supporting this place with your business!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ekat85

Travellers are raving about these Isla Colon hotels

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed one night at the Zapatilla Hostel because we didn't find anything else the first day in Bocas del Toro town.
The room smelled like chlorine which was good because it did not look really clean. The fan in the middle of the room was missing its case and was therefore kind of dangerous, the pillows smelled really bad and the kitchen was the dirtiest I have ever seen.
But the worst thing was that it was so loud that we hardly slept at all. Doors were slammed all night long and we heard people screaming.
I would definitely not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple