“The worst hotel I have ever stayed.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Colon
Hotel Cayo Zapatilla
Ranked #37 of 42 Isla Colon B&B and Inns
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
“The worst hotel I have ever stayed.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

TERRIBLE! I have never hated a hotel this much. Me and my family filled a reservation for one week by phone, they responded by email saying they did not need a reservation deposit. Once we arrived for the check-in at the established time 1:00pm, they requested the money for the whole week and right after that, they told us we needed to wait till 3:00pm to get in the rooms because the other guests hadn't leave yet and they couldn't do anything about it.
We came all the way driving to Panama from CR, were up since 1:00am, we wanted to put our luggage down, take a shower and rest. So we told them respectfully that we didn't like the fact that they made us pay and then tell us to wait 2 more hours in the "lobby". They say: "too bad, sorry". We requested our money back to go find another hotel but they didn't want return it and even said they were being nice by not requesting a reservation deposit in advance UGH. They were extremely rude and not polite at all. The rooms were just OK for the price, still a little dirty (specially the bathrooms), wifi was bad, they provided towels because we asked them to, air conditioning in one of the rooms was broken, but at least somewhere to sleep. Believe me I am not picky or bossy at all, I can easily stay anywhere with no complains but this place was REALLY BAD. Might be the culture or I don't know but people was NOT NICE or friendly. The only good thing about it was the location, because talking about the price... We could have found somewhere better. BAD BAD EXPERIENCE

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Very good for the price you pay. In the middle of the island where pretty much all the events are held. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who visits bocas del toro. Also the staffs
were extremely nice to me when i needed room service etc.

Room Tip: Really peaceful on the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Perfect location, economic, friendly staff, clean. Each room has their own bathroom with hot water, tv, and AC. It is so worth the money compared to other hotels I've stayed in Bocas del Toro. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DileniaBaez
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here with my kids. This hotel is very economic. For the price, you get a good bed, AC, private bathroom, hot water and it's very clean. Location is perfect, right in the middle of the whole island. There is also a little store on the 1st floor, which made it very convenient. I am going back to bocas del toro and will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sandwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The only ATM at Banco Nacional is always breaking down and this hostel takes advantage of their guests and tourists by charging them 10% to get cash from their debit card from their little store. What they are doing is totally in violation of the credit card company rules and regulations and is just about as sleazy as you can get. Tourists have little choice as there is no other place to get cash and they take FULL advantage of them! I was forced to give them $20 to get $200 and have the reciept to prove it! BTW- Their cost for the transaction is about $0.30!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JamesGoulding

Travellers are raving about these Isla Colon hotels

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was hoping to stay in a budget and this is definitely a good choice. The location is perfect, central from the whole island. Even though the noise level at night is pretty loud, I do not blame them, the noise comes from the streets which is something you cannot avoid. Theres hot water and it was decently clean. I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone who is on a budget but can actually get some quality stay.

• Stayed August 2013
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Comparing to all hostels I've been, I found this Hostel not great but Very Good to be fair. We we're given a room almost at the back so I was wondering where is this loud noise other reviewers were saying, ours were comfortably quiet. The fully airconditioned room is a real value for $30 bucks a night and they have a working TV, some hostels don't. The room is not too spacious however not bad either, clean & so the private bathroom. Hot water is also an option. The hotel is located at the town center, just few steps from the municipal park.

Then there goes this kitchen which is the downside of the Hotel. I couldnt heat up a food I bought outside because their microwave don't work at all. I don't know why it was there anyway for nothing.

None the less, Im giving it 4stars out of 5 since my stay was comfortable enough. I would definitely be back here again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms located at the back, to avoid noise I guess..
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends