“My highlight in Panama”

Coral Surfing Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Crystal clear water, amazing reefs, corals and giant fish, starfishes, sea urchins, all this and more in a day dedicated to the sea and all its inhabitants. Holding a special device you can immerse in an underwater paradise. You can reach up to 8 meters deep, cause of the large string that, insured at the boat, pulls you very softly. You will enjoy the most emotional and incredible activity never seen in Bocas del Toro: “Coral Surfing”. With “coral surfing” you can surf above the coral, see the wonders that this sea has to offer, cover a large area effortlessly, test emotions you've never tasted in your life and having fun like a dolphin...You will never forget it.
Sherbrooke, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My highlight in Panama”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

What a nice surprise to have found this tour run by the most charming italian family in Bocas. Mattia, Paula and Maurizio, Mattia's father run this company. We found it through Hostel Tungara down town Bocas. I already liked Italians but this family gave me another reason to liked them even more. All the activities (dolphin, bath cave, Indian community, snorkling) were done in a very respectful and safe way and for us it was very important. They were very well informed and took time to explain and exchange with us. They did everything to give us an unforgettable experience and they made it happened. We liked so much the first tour that we decided to organize another one two days after. An excellent homemade lunch was served. The most amazing part of the tours was the coral surfing. A unique experience. This tour is a most to do if you go in Bocas. You'll meet a very nice family and you'll enjoy what Bocas has the best to offer. I highly recommend this tour.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Archie819

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great trip”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Coral surfing is amazing. The guides are very friendly. It is the kind of things that you must do in your life.

2 Thank Fvvaldiv
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent activity, a unique experience”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Maurizio and Mattia were great guides, both very personable and very informative. With snorkeling, you go past the normal "here's your mask, off you go" and dive into a learning adventure under the sea (I couldn't resist the pun), learning about the types of coral and marine life around the spots they take you.

Then coral surfing is a unique experience, to which I describe as almost "movie-like", as you zip under the water and back to the surface with ease, spin in circles, or just coast near the surface as you please, as the corals and marine life pass beneath you. I highly recommend!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank thesmithtopher
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome trip...”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Amazing experience!! Snorkelling was great fun and the guide was excellent at finding and pointing out sealife and corals... The actual coral surfing was intense, you get just enough time doing it to enjoy yourself but not long enough to get uncomfortably worn out... Perfect balance of activities...

They also offer an extra service of recording your surf on a go pro... I haven't seen my video yet but the screen shots look ace...

If you're in the Bocas Del Toro area and you don't do "Coral Surfing" with these guys it would be a travesty in traverse!!!

Harvey

1 Thank Harvey39y
Bocas del Toro
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

One of the best activities in Bocas. Lots and lots of fun. I felt as if I was flying under water. The people are passionate about marine life and very professional.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank travellinggreen
Maurizio P, Owner at Coral Surfing Day Tours, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you very much for your words. We always try to share with people our passion for the sea. We are also exploring new snorkeling spots to share with our clients. Keep in touch with us on our website for some new incredible adventure we are planning for the new season as the "Escudo de Veraguas Camp" or the "Zapatilla wild night". Hope see you soon.
Maurizio, Mattia and Paola.