“Best place to get certified to dive!”

La Buga Dive Center & Surf School
Ranked #2 of 23 Tours in Bocas Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 2007, “La Buga Dive & Surf” instantly built up a reputation as a reliable and renowned Dive Center & Surf School in Bocas del Toro. No matter if you decide to go diving or surfing with us, we will ensure that you will have a fabulous time experiencing the multifaceted natural resources Bocas del Toro has to offer. You can also rent one of our kayaks or Stand-Up Paddle Boards. Our qualified international staff is providing top quality service by constantly reflecting our core values: Safety, Convenience and Fun! Hope to see you soon!Your La Buga Family
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place to get certified to dive!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My boyfriend got his Open Water certificate at La Buga 5 years ago. When planning our trip to Costa Rica, we decided to go to Panama just so I could also get certified at La Buga since he had such a great experience 5 years ago. We were not disappointed. Leandro was an incredible instructor and made me feel comfortable even when I got a little nervous during my first confined water dive. I felt that I could trust him entirely and he did such a great job explaining everything to me. By the end of the course, I really felt like I knew how to dive! After the course, I had some awesome fun dives with Tony - such a fun divemaster! Everyone at La Buga was amazing - my boyfriend and I felt like we had a home on the island during our stay since we were greeted warmly and made to feel comfortable whenever we stopped by the dive shop. The owner, Ricardo, was great and continuously asked for input on how he could improve. Well, there's nothing to improve! He's done a great job with the place - it's how a dive shop should be! I hope we get the chance to go back!

1 Thank Dana C

• Hebrew first
“Laid back island environment!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Went in to have lunch before our journey back to the mainland and the boys at La Buga were great! Fell in love with the bird! Great spot to wait for a taxi or catch a game! Located right on the main strip, across from our favorite people over at International Hostel! Can't wait to go back to Bocas, this place is definitely worth a revisit!

Medellin, Colombia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best part of our trip!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A friend and I took our open water dive certification at La Buga. The time spent at La Buga was the best part and highlight of an otherwise rain-filled vacation in Bocas del Toro. We also went on an additional dive after our course and spent half a day in a surfing lesson. The staff were awesome - a lot of fun and also very professional. Leon and Leandro were both excellent, knowledgable teachers. Tony took us on our fun dive and surf lesson and was an absolute pleasure. The food at the adjoining restaurant, La Buguita, was also delicious. All the activities they offer are an excellent way to forget about rain in rainy season. Overall, great atmosphere and fantastic place to hang out at! We would recommend it to anyone considering diving, surfing, or eating in the Bocas area.

1 Thank 1Kelsey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“good times”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

if you're going to dive bocas, go with this shop. many thanks to Leandro and Tony for a great experience. friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

1 Thank Hefmd
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Spent a month in Bocas and counted on La Buga as my home base (stopped by pretty much everyday) for surf trips, general information on Bocas, and cold beer/delicious drinks/delectable desserts. Always saw a friendly face when I walked in - shoutout to the particularly effervescent Tony - and I relied on the La Buga staff for honest surf reports, valuable information about life in Bocas, and more smiles and good vibes than I can describe here. I am not a scuba diver, but all of my diving freinds swear by the staff here as well. Check out La Buga and you will not be disappointed :)

3 Thank Kelsey Q