“Great people, great experience”

La Buga Dive Center & Surf School
Ranked #3 of 22 Tours in Bocas Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Established in 2007, “La Buga Dive & Surf” instantly built up a reputation as a reliable and renowned Dive Center & Surf School in Bocas del Toro. No matter if you decide to go diving or surfing with us, we will ensure that you will have a fabulous time experiencing the multifaceted natural resources Bocas del Toro has to offer. You can also rent one of our kayaks or Stand-Up Paddle Boards. Our qualified international staff is providing top quality service by constantly reflecting our core values: Safety, Convenience and Fun! Hope to see you soon!Your La Buga Family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I did my Open Water dive course and my Advanced Open Water course there.
From the minute, I walked in I was met with cheerful smiles and a really flexible approach to helping me complete everything around my school times (8-3).

My dive course was excelent and I had an awesome time with all the dive instructors (I went out with nearly all of them) who really knew what they were doing and helped me out, and despite being nervous about diving, I never once thought "I cant do this".

After my first visit, I was greeted with cries of "RAAAACCCCHHHHEEELLL" and never felt more at home than when I was there. The restaurant also has AMAZING cheesecake, which I 100% recommend.

Night diving is an especially awesome experience, so I'd encourage everyone to go and check it out.

Thank-you to everyone at La Buga and La Bugita for making my time there so fantastic, for making me feel so welcome and I'll miss you and your crazy little shop.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)
All reviews
"lobster"
in 16 reviews
"feel comfortable"

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I did my PADI open water diver certificate there. It's an amazing place! You have very good food, nice people (as in whole bocas), sometimes live music and very good dive spots (e.g. corals, a wreck, clear water, ...) The best thing: the courses are reasonably cheap. I did the PADI open water for 250$ (Somewhere else it's usually at least 400$) So, when you are close to it, don't just think about going there, DO IT!!!! :-D

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This happened to be my first stop in Bocas as well as my favorite. If I ever needed any sort of information they were the ones who helped me out. I had the pleasure of scuba diving and surfing with Tony, Reynaldo, & other amazing people. Having only surfed once before, I was a little nervous, but they were very patient & helpful. It's also a great place to just hangout & relax. The food is delicious & Jorge makes phenomenal drinks which is complemented by a beautiful dockside view. If you're visiting Bocas you HAVE to go here. You'll make friends for life.

1  Thank JessiMichels
Reviewed 7 July 2014

mind you, we didn't go scuba diving at La Buga, but we did go here for fish tacos and a burger, and it was AWESOME. I would go as far as to say it was the best meal we had in Bocas!

We also went for a boozy milkshake and smoothie, MMmmmm is all I can say! Great service, and a great place to see the world go by, and spot puffer fish etc underneath the docks.

1  Thank Hanne G