“AMAZING!”
Review of Bocas Yoga

Bocas Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: The custom-built Bocas Yoga Studio was designed specifically for the practice of Yoga, with clean hard-wood floors. Nowhere else in Bocas Town is there a space that's devoted entirely to Yoga practice. All classes provide a highly attentive and supportive environment. Appropriate for beginners and ongoing intermediate students. Founder, Laura Kay, who in addition to completing 250 hours of Basic Yoga Teacher Training, has successfully completed 108 hours of Anusara Yoga Immersions & 36 hours of Anusara Yoga Teacher Training. Here you will find a safe, comfortable, noncompetitive, nonjudgmental, lightly air-conditioned, nurturing haven. Classes use principles of alignment to promote safety and empower students to achieve their full potential. Each class interweaves heart-oriented, life-affirming themes to connect students to the deeper purpose of yoga.
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I took my first yoga class ever with Laura at bocas yoga and kept coming back several times during the two weeks i stayed in bocas. Laura is an amazing teacher and the studio is clean, cool (thanks to AC!) and calm.

Laura is paying attention to every single one in the class and gives you confident to try new poses and just makes you feel really awsome. She's inspiring you both in a physical and mental way. First lesson when we did the bridge pose i couldn't even get my head of the mat, the second lesson just a few cm and at my last session i manage to get my head of and stand in the upward facing bow/ wheel pose!! I felt the energi from my heart through my chest and back and i've never felt anything like it before, pure happiness! Thank you Laura im so happy my first yoga experience was at bocas yoga!

Visited September 2013

Boulder, Colorado
“Wonderful yoga where I didn't expect it”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I spent the summer working at the Smithsonian institute on the island, and though I had only done yoga a handful of times before, I found myself a regular at Bocas Yoga. Laura Kay is inviting to anyone who wants to try yoga or continue practicing. I loved how she emphasized both positive attitude and the alignment for safety and optimal practice. Her studio is absolutely beautiful and definitely became a happy place for me. In the two and half months I lived in Bocas, Laura Kay ended up being a friend and mentor I hope I get to go back and see someday!

Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing yoga place”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I do a lot of yoga and I can tell that Bocas Yoga is an amazing place.
Laura Kay is a real yogi, so competent and with an incredible energy. She has such a great vibe! She's an inspiring woman that makes you feel comfortable, special, unique, good...
She adapts her classes to each of her students, with different levels of difficulty; she is sensible to everyone in the room, she's challenging the ones that need to be and gives confidence to each of us. Her practice is really playful and made me feel happy, free and powerful.
The studio is really beautiful and it's a perfect place to practice yoga in peace and joy.
I recommend it without hesitation!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Sophie T
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great addition to your visit to Bocas Town,”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Having a regular practice in the states, it was nice to have a Yoga option while on vacation. Laura was very friendly and a true Yogi. She was considerate of each of us in her class, being mindful of each of our varying strengths and weaknesses. She has a wonderful energy about her and her studio is very peaceful and inviting. My boyfriend, who doesn't practice regularly agreed to join me. Laura adapted her teaching to allow us to do a couples session, which was really enjoyable for us both. Must have made a really good impression on my boyfriend, since returning to the states, he's started doing Yoga. Would definitely go back. Highly recommend Laura.

Visited August 2013
Kailua, Hawaii
“If you find yourself in Bocas, find yourself at Bocas yoga.”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was surprised to find a yoga studio and instruction of such elegance so far off the grid. Lara Kay's studio was serene, clean, full of light, beautifully colored and interestingly decorated. Like a polished gem in the rough and tumble of Bocas. Laura Kay has created a place and a practice that should please all comers, both practiced yogis and neophytes. Her instruction is clear, warm, and patient, and her practice is graceful and strong. If you find yourself in Bocas del Toro, find yourself at Bocas yoga.

Visited July 2013