“Fresh, fun, and local”

El Ultimo Refugio
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rustic and quaint, over the water, Caribbean-American fusion, focus on fresh seafood. Meat and vegetarian options always avaible
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

You can't judge a book by its cover. Walking past ultimato Refugio-you would never know that this was an amazing restaurant. The service is stellar and the food is fresh and simply delicious. Highly recommend the tuna main course and the mahi ceviche and tuna cakes. Please save room for dessert-the key lime pie is amazing. Really you can't go wrong. The atmosphere is so authentic, relaxed and coming from nyc, I am picky! Highly recommend!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was one of my favorites in Bocas Town. The restaurant is a little hidden but worth the find. It sits over the water and is very romantic. Low lighting and the sound of the ocean make this a special night out. Our service was very attentive and fast. The food was outstanding. I ordered the tuna and I must say, it's the best I've ever had. My drinks were perfectly made. I would definitely recommend trying this place.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Consistently great food and service. Kathy has a small menu, but the food is always great quality, using fresh local produce.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The best aspects about our visit to this restaurant were the service, the atmosphere, and of course the food! First off, the waitress was so efficient and attentive that we spent half our meal discussing how she actually managed to be so good at multi-tasking. The atmosphere was cosy yet upbeat, and the restaurant overlooks the water. The food was a little pricey for us weary backpackers but we ate there twice because it was our favourite spot in the area. I'm vegetarian and the chef altered a dish to be without meat - try the gnocci, delicious! A little extra thing that we enjoyed were the very entertaining merry band of geckos that came and licked chocolate sauce from my plate after we were done, so cute!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

A beautiful place, a little hidden, though. The service is excellent, there is a different menu of dishes every night, they do vegeterian options, too. The food is delicious, fresh and quickly served. I'd recommend this place to everyone!