“Amazing food, Excellent service”
Review of El Ultimo Refugio

El Ultimo Refugio
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Amazing food, Excellent service”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

If there is one place you go out to eat here in bocas, it must be this place. After a little searching you will find yourself in a nice small restaurant with american waitresses. For starters we ordered the tuna tartar, crab and artichocks, gniocci, house salad and the red snapper. It took quite long, but after a while they gave us a free bottle of wine (we didnt complain or anything, it was their own initiative!). Each one was amazing and we just had to try eachothers dishes because everyone was sure he had the best one. Only the snapper was not that excellent because it had too much lime. Then for the mains we had tuna cakes, red snapper and pork chop. These three were all very nice but the pork chop was by far the best. The only thing not that great was the white wine, it was an argentinean wine and a little sour.

• Hebrew first
Boquete, Panama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food & Good Music”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My friend and I went there for dinner. I had the mahi mahi and it was excellent. I had several vodkas with water and they did not skimp on the alcohol. There was a gentleman there playing some really good music on his guitar. The vocals were real good. It is a great atmosphere and a good place to go for dinner.

• Visited July 2014
“No Kidding, Best Ever Seared Tuna!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Once I discovered this place, I went many times more. The seared tuna was the all time best. Tucked away around the corner, past Palma Royal. The restaurant is on the water with great views. Opens at 6:00. Arrive earlier for more peace because the place fills up, so times with large parties. My second favorite is their salads. The menu changes daily.

New York City, New York
“Fresh, fun, and local”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

You can't judge a book by its cover. Walking past ultimato Refugio-you would never know that this was an amazing restaurant. The service is stellar and the food is fresh and simply delicious. Highly recommend the tuna main course and the mahi ceviche and tuna cakes. Please save room for dessert-the key lime pie is amazing. Really you can't go wrong. The atmosphere is so authentic, relaxed and coming from nyc, I am picky! Highly recommend!!!

“Another great meal in Boca”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was one of my favorites in Bocas Town. The restaurant is a little hidden but worth the find. It sits over the water and is very romantic. Low lighting and the sound of the ocean make this a special night out. Our service was very attentive and fast. The food was outstanding. I ordered the tuna and I must say, it's the best I've ever had. My drinks were perfectly made. I would definitely recommend trying this place.