“Stole my watch” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Las Brisas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bocas Town
Hotel Las Brisas
Ranked #12 of 30 Bocas Town B&B and Inns
Israel
“Stole my watch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed there for four nights. Room was ok for the price we payed, big room with AC and clean bathrooms. However, the hotel staff was not really service minded and we had no hot water what so ever, even when we asked the staff for help. But it's not all, usually I lock my valuable things in my bag, one time I didn't and I noticed my watch missing when I had come back to the room after they cleaned it. Unfortunately we had to leave so I couldn't investigate further but I'm sure I would get nothing back..
Anyway, I would recommend to avoid or at least be super cautious about your personal things.

Safe trip.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shahaf119

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed here a few nights and just thought there had been bugs at the beach biting us. Wrong. I stayed with a group of 5 in a few different rooms and we were all attacked by bed bugs. So disgusting. The staff is terribly rude and crazy about getting their money. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Rae W

Travellers are raving about these Bocas Town hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is the worst hotel I've stayed at. Not angry about it, but it's true. No soap, no towels, no blankets. Ceiling looks like it's about to cave in, with shotty patch work and wiring all over the walls and ceiling. Walls block none of the sound from street and hallway. Sharp nails sticking up out of the wooden floors. When we asked for towels, lady at front needed our room number first to document, then proceeded to give frayed old rags for towels. AC was load as a freight train but otherwise worked okay. We paid $55 a night in January. Only stayed here because other places were booked up and we didn't want to walk around forever looking for a spot. We switched hotels after second night. Don't stay here.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wwm555
JXjsab
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was told there would be hot water from a certain hour in the morning and in the evening - there was none, ever ( I stayed in the hotel for 4 days). The staff was not helpful at all, asking us not to cry over that matter and that if we were not happy about it, we could check out right away. The rooms are dirty, I am practically sure there are bed bugs in the mattress, and the linens were not changed throughout my entire stay. The only positive point is the back deck on the water. Do not go there, take my advice.

• Stayed December 2013
Lilburn, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is cheap, but not cheap enough. We had a double interior room with AC. When we turned in the AC to clear the air, the room got super funky. After complaining, the front desk person was prepared with the worst smelling plug in air freshener I've smelled. He also said we needed ti turn the AC to high. So we were left with 2 choices. Either freeze or inhale funk.

I got up the next morning and moved to a dorm in a hostal rather than stay here.

It's a shame because the staff (especially Nacha) is super helpful. There is a great view off the back, but this hotel (which BTW is for sale) is terrible. This is my first negative review, so bear that in mind.

• Stayed December 2013
Whitefish, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Yes the hotel is built on the water and the back deck is super cool, but that is it. There is a reason that the hotel is for sale. The owner has decided not to put another dime into it. Saw one dead cockroach and had to move rooms once because of the smell. My friends had stuff taken out of the community fridge. You will meet some cool people and the prices are cheap. Take your chances if you want but do tell me I didn't warn you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My three teenage boys (19,17,14) and I stumbled upon the Brisas Hotel after arriving on the boat to Bocas Del Toro. We ended up staying there for 5 nights and had a great time. The hotel is located at the end of the Main Street and directly on the water. We really enjoyed the back deck area which was only steps from our room and sits directly on the water with a nice steady breeze and the best view in Bocas. My boys enjoyed the international mix of young people, the hustle and bustle of boats coming and going and the beautiful sunsets. It was also great to swim right off the deck of the hotel in beautiful clear and clean water. At one point a dolphin swam by just yards away !!!! There is a great little bakery close by and a convenience store right across the street. This combined with the on site kitchen made for some relaxing meals, snacks and a glass of wine on the back deck. The hotel was a very convenient jumping off point for most of the attractions with the ability for boats to pick up and drop off from the back deck of the hotel....reminded me of Venice. And of course Andy, Danielle and the rest of the staff were great. Thanks guys for a great time and a chance to experience the best of Bocas Del Toro. We are already planning another trip back.

• Stayed July 2013