“Rats at this hotel.....”
Review of Hotel Las Brisas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bocas Town
Hotel Las Brisas
Ranked #8 of 29 Bocas Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This hotel looks like a good deal from the front but inside some rooms have a/c that does not work and is very run-down. I actually had rats crawl on me at night in my bed. I also saw rats eating my food in the middle of the night. It is clean as far as bedding but I wanted to warn other travelers about the rats. Just not ok, Casa Verde is also on the water with AC and much better for a similar price. I did not know about it and this one looks good from the road, but walk on by.......

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 May 2010

Great location with a deck over the water. Old building & rooms & bathrooms show this but do have air con & cable TV. Good sized kitchen for cooking.

Reviewed 20 April 2010

This place is run by an American, and is close to the main town (ie 5 mins walk from the centre) but is also built on the edge of the water with a terrace area out the back which is good. Its also quite cheap for your own room with ensuite facilities. Bad points- the structure is all wooden so there are some insects around, the place needs updating as mosquito nets on the window were just hanging on by a thread , with plenty of holes in! the floor also had a few gaps so you could see the sea below! and there were marks on the wall and in the bathroom. unfortunately this place is extremely popular with longer stay backpackers so its very noisy with some shouting and the wooden floors creak round the clock. If you can sleep in noisy situations and dont want anything more than the basics, then this place makes a good cheap base. The staff and owner are also very helpful and friendly. for a couple of backpackers who want to share a room and want to be over the water yet close to town, and without breaking the budget then this place is very good. If you want a bit more and are a sensitive sleeper go elsewhere...

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 15 April 2010

It should be called a Hostel rather than a Hotel and It could do with a makeover. The dbl rooms next to the entrance are crampy without windows, so aim for the ones closer to the dock. There is a big dorm room up the stairs with a kitchen and bathroom so if you`re more than 4 i would ask for that one. It also got its own veranda.
It`s a fun place to stay and i would recommend it to budget travellers.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2010

First, we are not picky travellers and we often go for budget hotels, but this hotel was horrible. At first, the hotel seem pretty clean and it has a great deck in the back overlooking the ocean. However, we had the room #16, which is outside of the main hotel. We tought it would have been less noisy and it was more spacious, but we were all wrong. It was very noisy at night and the room included cockroaches and BED BUGS. We were bitten pretty bad the next day. I would never recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2010

This place is really bad. I'm sure they are targeting backpackers around the world who are looking for a super cheap bed for their shoestring budget. We stopped there for a few hours until we headed out to Drago to the house we rented. A couple of my friends needed a quick snooze. The rooms are really bad and some don't even look like they have windows. I wouldn't get under the covers and would never use the shower. A totally dumpy place. But again, I don't know if the many negative qualities matter to their target market but I would DEFINITELY have checked out immediately if it weren't pouring rain and if a 2-hour nap was all we were there for.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I had bad vibes as I entered this hotel, however, we couldn't find another at the time. We couldn't sleep all night because of loud parties and hollering in the hallway. We had no water for 8-10 hours (I think the town had the problem). We had a flock of birds at our window all the time making noises and spotting it up (terrible view). The washroom was disgusting. The beds were not clean. The room hardly had any walking space. The front desk had bad service...not friendly at all. Any swimming off the back dock was poor. The outdoor furniture was in poor shape. I can go on and on. I worked as a Travel Agent for a few years and visited many hotels and resorts, but I gotta say, this was the worse hotel I've ever experienced. My suggestion, stay away. Pay a few bucks more and get a better room in a better hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends