I had planned to spend at least three nights in Bocas del Toro, maybe more. I left after just two days. My reasons for leaving had nothing to do with the hostel, but I just found Isla Colon to be way too touristy for me.
The hostel itself was just fine. Again, it's a hostel, so don't expect a five star hotel. The upstairs bathroom is clean (enough), though the downstairs ones were kind of gross. There was no hot water, but not many places in Panama have a decent hot water supply. The staff was fairly nice (Kristin was great), and it was a decent value. The single room (I always take a private room at a hostel) was large. The location of the hostel is great, right on the water (but NOT on the beach). In fact, you can jump into the water right from the pier. If you're going to Isla Colon on a budget, I would recommend Casa Verde.
By the way, the WiFi worked fabulously, even in my room (often at hostels and hotels in this part of the world, the WiFi only works in common areas).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for a laid back community atmosphere where it's easy to rest & relax? Among all the great places to stay in Bocas, Casa Verde truly is your best value community house in Bocas del Toro, Panama. Come enjoy life on the water at Casa Verde! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Verde Hostel And Guesthouse
- Casa Verde Hostel & Guesthouse Hotel Bocas Town
- Casa Verde Hostel & Guesthouse Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town