“Tasteless thai food but ok service”
Review of The Lemongrass - CLOSED

The Lemongrass
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lemongrass - Asian Fusion restaurant on the Isla Colon, Bocas del Toro waterfront. We use mostly local seafood, allowing our menu to change daily according to availability. We have the best views in town, great drinks, and a unique mix of Panamanian, Asian, and Mediterranean cuisine.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My curry was very bland and tasted like potato soup with NO traditional thai flavours at all. The pad thai was unbalanced with the wrong type of noodles and seemed to lack egg and peanuts.

2 stars far good service and nice but expensive drinks.

So many options DO NOT waste your time and money here especially if you appreciate thai flavour

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is nice on the 1st floor with a great view over the lagoon. We had a nice dinner and the atmosphere was good: music was played live and the staff was friendly.

The prices are around 10-15 dollars. We would come back again!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I went to Lemongrass twice over the week I was in Bocas. The food was always very tasty, I had a spicy chicken curry dish, we tried the tuna, and also chili lime calamari. Prices are average for the area. I did like the atmosphere, cool and breezy. Evening live music was tranquil. My only complaint was that unknown to me, there was a calamari appetizer ($7) and a dinner ($14), and when I said "calamari" the server didnt ask which I wanted, so of course they ended up bringing the $14 one and I found out about it when I got the bill. Honest mistake perhaps. Or maybe it happens often. I paid for it anyway because it was great.

I would go back to Lemongrass anytime and recommended them to other travelers heading to Bocas.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I'm vegan. This place was hidden from the main grouping of places. but glad we discovered it.. Excellent veggie curry and a lovely setting... Don't miss this upstairs spot for a nice evening. Yummy!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The food here was good, but they lost us when they served store bought naan-bread.

The drinks were really good though! :D and the atmosphere overlooking the water was excellent!