“Wonderful vibe, music, and people” 5 of 5 bubbles

El Limbo on the Sea Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 69 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Groups, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tonosi, Panama
“Wonderful vibe, music, and people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Set out on the water with private tables and a very mellow atmosphere, Limbo is a great place to pause and enjoy your time in Bocas. Interesting menu with excellent food. Calypso Joe came and played us some sweet melodies while we enjoyed wine and the Caribbean breeze. Highly recommend this spot as one of the best on Bocas!

• Visited November 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Horrible service, embarrassingly rude staff and manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

My boyfriend and I came into this restaurant to try the lobster - it was advertised on signs outside the restaurant, and was obviously the main item on their menu when we browsed it outside. We were there at a normal hour for dinner, maybe a little on the early side, and we were the only ones in the restaurant. We thought this was strange, but we ordered waters then waited probably 10 minutes for the waitress to return to take our order - we could see her over at the bar talking to the bartender and completely ignoring us despite that she had no other customers. When she finally came over and we tried to order lobster she told us they were out. We thought it was ridiculous they had not told us the second we came in, seeing as it was advertised as the main point of the restaurant. We said we'd have to talk about if we wanted to stay so she walked away and we left to go to a restaurant next door, that was lively and crowded.

All of a sudden, the waitress had left her restaurant and had come over to our new restaurant to demand we paid for the two waters we had ordered when we sat down. We said this was ridiculous, and we were mislead about what the restaurant offered, and would never have come in and ordered water if we knew we couldn't have been served. She then proceeded to send her manager over who literally yelled at us in front of the manager of the new restaurant we were at. We obviously paid him, but it was the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen, and I could see why the restaurant was empty and the one next door was fun and lively. So I can't speak to the food, but I would never go there again and would dissuade anyone else from doing so as well.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hutsonl14
Panama City, Panama, Panama
“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

So my family and I were looking for a restaurant to have lunch around 2:00pm on a Sunday afternoon. We ended up at a chinese restaurant in Bocas Town, but after knowing that they do not take card payments and their restroom are indecent, we decided to go next door... Limbo Restaurant at Limbo hotel.
As soon as I came in, I was welcomed and offered a menu to take a look. I was impressed by their service so I decided to have lunch there. Nice view to the menu and you feel entertained by watching the motorboats from far. You can even see some fishing swimming around the pier and its pretty nice.
And their food, it is Exquisite! The bext octopus ceviche ever and food was served promptly. No long waits.
If you visit Bocas - Isla Colon, make sure you visit this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
USA-Virginia
“Everything was good exept for noise.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We went there for lunch and found great seats on the waterfront. Near was construction and it was my only complain about this place but it not their fault, We went for a small lunch and ordered lobster soup and their fish. Meal was good and we shared both dishes. My wife said that fish dish was too oily for her taste but I liked. Both meals were good and staff was friendly.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great find! Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Very affordable and good food with seating over the water. Good service. American fare like steaks and chicken, very reasonable. Great views.

Visited July 2013