“Lifely atmosphere, reasonable food”

El Limbo on the Sea Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 71 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Netherlands
“Lifely atmosphere, reasonable food”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is nicely situated at the waterfront. Compared to most other Bocas restaurants it is on the upside, especially if tou take the ambiance into account. Decent menu, reasonable wines, reasonable sevice. We could eat here again, but the wine bar has better food!

Visited January 2014

santa teresa
“Seared Ahi & Seaweed Salad w/soy , wasabi & ginger / best in Bocas”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

great prices
I had a great experience at El Limbo

• Visited December 2013
Tonosi, Panama
“Wonderful vibe, music, and people”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Set out on the water with private tables and a very mellow atmosphere, Limbo is a great place to pause and enjoy your time in Bocas. Interesting menu with excellent food. Calypso Joe came and played us some sweet melodies while we enjoyed wine and the Caribbean breeze. Highly recommend this spot as one of the best on Bocas!

• Visited November 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Horrible service, embarrassingly rude staff and manager”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My boyfriend and I came into this restaurant to try the lobster - it was advertised on signs outside the restaurant, and was obviously the main item on their menu when we browsed it outside. We were there at a normal hour for dinner, maybe a little on the early side, and we were the only ones in the restaurant. We thought this was strange, but we ordered waters then waited probably 10 minutes for the waitress to return to take our order - we could see her over at the bar talking to the bartender and completely ignoring us despite that she had no other customers. When she finally came over and we tried to order lobster she told us they were out. We thought it was ridiculous they had not told us the second we came in, seeing as it was advertised as the main point of the restaurant. We said we'd have to talk about if we wanted to stay so she walked away and we left to go to a restaurant next door, that was lively and crowded.

All of a sudden, the waitress had left her restaurant and had come over to our new restaurant to demand we paid for the two waters we had ordered when we sat down. We said this was ridiculous, and we were mislead about what the restaurant offered, and would never have come in and ordered water if we knew we couldn't have been served. She then proceeded to send her manager over who literally yelled at us in front of the manager of the new restaurant we were at. We obviously paid him, but it was the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen, and I could see why the restaurant was empty and the one next door was fun and lively. So I can't speak to the food, but I would never go there again and would dissuade anyone else from doing so as well.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank hutsonl14
Panama City, Panama, Panama
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

So my family and I were looking for a restaurant to have lunch around 2:00pm on a Sunday afternoon. We ended up at a chinese restaurant in Bocas Town, but after knowing that they do not take card payments and their restroom are indecent, we decided to go next door... Limbo Restaurant at Limbo hotel.
As soon as I came in, I was welcomed and offered a menu to take a look. I was impressed by their service so I decided to have lunch there. Nice view to the menu and you feel entertained by watching the motorboats from far. You can even see some fishing swimming around the pier and its pretty nice.
And their food, it is Exquisite! The bext octopus ceviche ever and food was served promptly. No long waits.
If you visit Bocas - Isla Colon, make sure you visit this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013