“Learning Spanish was fun and Habla Ya is the place to do it!”

Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Habla Ya offers different types of Spanish courses: from group lessons (4 hours per day, maximum 6 students per class) and private classes.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I spent 8 wonderful weeks with Habla Ya. Before even arriving I was impressed with the organization and customer service. Once I arrived in Bocas, from start to finish ever experience was fantastic and better than I could have imagined.

Everyone in reception (including Sarah, Dominique, Alec and Cesar) was welcoming, helpful, available, and accommodating! They addressed any questions I had, helped to facilitate any activity I wanted to so and generally were pretty much amazing--from biking riding along the beach, to yoga, to sailing trips and group dinners.

I started from zero and learned far more Spanish than I thought I would in just 8 weeks. The classes were completely stress free, but the teachers also encouraged me to push myself to learn. I can't believe how much I enjoyed learning Spanish. Throughout 8 weeks I took 4 hours of group class and 2 hours of private class, so I ended up having a variety of teachers. Each teacher I had was great and had his/her own unique teaching style and strengthes. I was incredibly impressed with the level of professionalism amongst the Habla Ya teachers, Adriana, Iveth, Christopher, Omaris, Stephanie, Itsy were all fantastic teachers, as well as all of the teachers I had here and there as "substitutes." The classes are well organized and the teachers communicate with each other to ensure that if a class has to be covered the teacher can pick up where the other one left off. The classes are also flexible to focus on what are my weaknesses and interests, in particular I found the mix of group and private classes to be very useful.

I can't say enough great things about Habla Ya and my experience in Bocas! Bocas itself is a great place to learn spanish, relax and also enjoy yourself. Above and beyond that, I can't imagine finding a more professional, well organized and enjoyable language school than Habla Ya! Thank you to every single person at Habla Ya who contributed an unforgettable 8 weeks!

2  Thank Nyasa H
"wonderful teacher"
"muchas gracias"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 25 April 2014

In january i was in bocas for three weeks and had the best time ever. I was in a group of 3-4 people together with our amazing teacher Adriana. I had the best time there with our funny teacher and it felt like I learned more in three weeks then a year in school back home (Sweden). I really feel like Habla ya focus on the most importent things (according to me) when your learn a language, such as really learning how to use it in your everyday life. In my group for example we went on walks around town och ate breakfust together at a restaurant. There wasn't a day that went by without us laughing together with our teacher so much that my stomage hurt. It's a perfect way to learn about the country and culture to take spanishclasses from someone who's lived in the town most part of their life. I really recommend this school to everyone, and especially my teacher Adriana, it would not have been the same without her!:)

(And Bocas as a town.... what a place! you can't miss it! Best place in the Caribbean)

2  Thank Agnes H
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was a great place to learn Spanish from locals! Stephanie Beitia was an excellent teacher! I recommend her to you if you know little Spanish because she is easy to learn from. She was involved in our learning process and she was willing to teach us the parts of the language we wanted to know. She was funny as well as very smart. She also was excited to English learn from us as well. All in all my experience at Habla Ya Spanish School was excellent!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my two weeks at Habla Ya. The curriculum was well structured, Omaris is an excellent teacher and the school does a great job of organizing social and cultural events for students. And of course the island beaches are stunningly beautiful

1  Thank Ken M
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I had a wonderful experience at habla ya in Bocas, and I can recommend it whole heartedly to someone who is taking a leap and traveling to another country to study spanish based on reviews alone. That's what I did! I visited Bocas with the main goal of spending a few weeks in an immersion course, but I didn't want to be too far from the beach either. I had a wonderful experience and feel like I learned quickly and efficiently.

I would like to offer special thanks and recommendations for Iveth Mitchell who was my private spanish tutor for all three weeks. I was there primarily to study medical spanish, and it was made even better by having a nurse as my instructor. She was particularly insightful and was able to make some very important observations about my learning goals that I think many other people would have missed. Por ejemplo, she quickly identified that medical terms are important, but for a doctor not to be able to speak in the past or future tenses... it was egregious. She quickly identified that for me to learn terms and disease names when I couldn't ask a patient "what happened" or "this is what WILL happen", meant that I couldn't be an effective doctor to spanish speaking patients.

I can't say enough about her teaching insight, and the school's support. I whole-heartedly recommend the school.

Travellers who viewed Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes also viewed

Bocas Town, Isla Colon
Bocas Town, Isla Colon

Been to Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes? Share your experiences!