Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Habla Ya offers different types of Spanish courses: from group lessons (4 hours per day, maximum 6 students per class) and private classes.
Bocas Town, Panama
“YE YE YEAHHHHHHH”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Ok I break it down. The teachers are not only excellent teachers, but they are excellent people. The reception are also lovely, out going people. The Island is a natural paradise.If you want excellent quality teaching, from wonderful people, then come here.

Visited September 2013

Cape Elizabeth, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I'll Be Back!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I had the best time at Habla Ya, and actually cried when I had to leave my wonderful teacher, Omaris. Our class was small, just myself and one other student, and Omaris really tailored the learning experience to our interests and needs. She was always very well prepared, but seized opportunities she hadn't planned for when they came up with quick mini-lessons. When she saw we were tired, she would change things up to reinvigorate us. I could not have asked for a better teacher, just wish I'd been able to spend more time with her, but I will be back!
Other staff / faculty were fab as well. We had breakfast with a bunch of teachers and students one morning, when I asked another teacher about a project my teenager was working on for school about ecotourism. Suddenly we were off to the Autoridad de Turismo and an impromptu tour!
Loved the activities we were able to do of those offered. The Chocolate Tour is an absolute must!
Saving my pennies to get back for a longer visit!!

Visited April 2014
Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Useful and fun”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience studying Spanish at the Habla Ya Spanish School in Panama. The teachers are excellent - well-trained, flexible, helpful, fun and just plain nice people. It felt like being part of a family. More important, after the course we felt that we had learned a lot and could now express ourselves.

We had taken two years of basic Spanish at university before we went to Habla Ya and had learned a lot of grammar and vocabulary, but we could barely ask you to pass the salt or understand you if you asked the same. So our wonderful Habla Ya teachers, Yaira and Christopher, gave us a lot of intensive conversation with emphasis on common idioms and vocabulary, and a few lovely excursions into the community - in Spanish, of course. And whenever I needed for a little grammar review, I got it.

We chose to live with Spanish-speaking families in both Boquete (seven weeks) and Bocas del Toro (one week) during our studies, and we interacted with the local communities - shopkeepers, bus drivers, waiters - whenever possible, all of which gave us further opportunity to practice. Both towns offer fascinating activities and sights to explore. Based on my experience and also those of the fellow students with whom we became friends, I would recommend Habla Ya to anyone wanting to learn Spanish at whatever level.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pattyct
Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Learning Spanish was fun and Habla Ya is the place to do it!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I spent 8 wonderful weeks with Habla Ya. Before even arriving I was impressed with the organization and customer service. Once I arrived in Bocas, from start to finish ever experience was fantastic and better than I could have imagined.

Everyone in reception (including Sarah, Dominique, Alec and Cesar) was welcoming, helpful, available, and accommodating! They addressed any questions I had, helped to facilitate any activity I wanted to so and generally were pretty much amazing--from biking riding along the beach, to yoga, to sailing trips and group dinners.

I started from zero and learned far more Spanish than I thought I would in just 8 weeks. The classes were completely stress free, but the teachers also encouraged me to push myself to learn. I can't believe how much I enjoyed learning Spanish. Throughout 8 weeks I took 4 hours of group class and 2 hours of private class, so I ended up having a variety of teachers. Each teacher I had was great and had his/her own unique teaching style and strengthes. I was incredibly impressed with the level of professionalism amongst the Habla Ya teachers, Adriana, Iveth, Christopher, Omaris, Stephanie, Itsy were all fantastic teachers, as well as all of the teachers I had here and there as "substitutes." The classes are well organized and the teachers communicate with each other to ensure that if a class has to be covered the teacher can pick up where the other one left off. The classes are also flexible to focus on what are my weaknesses and interests, in particular I found the mix of group and private classes to be very useful.

I can't say enough great things about Habla Ya and my experience in Bocas! Bocas itself is a great place to learn spanish, relax and also enjoy yourself. Above and beyond that, I can't imagine finding a more professional, well organized and enjoyable language school than Habla Ya! Thank you to every single person at Habla Ya who contributed an unforgettable 8 weeks!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Nyasa H
Umea, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I had the best tiime in Bocas Town!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

In january i was in bocas for three weeks and had the best time ever. I was in a group of 3-4 people together with our amazing teacher Adriana. I had the best time there with our funny teacher and it felt like I learned more in three weeks then a year in school back home (Sweden). I really feel like Habla ya focus on the most importent things (according to me) when your learn a language, such as really learning how to use it in your everyday life. In my group for example we went on walks around town och ate breakfust together at a restaurant. There wasn't a day that went by without us laughing together with our teacher so much that my stomage hurt. It's a perfect way to learn about the country and culture to take spanishclasses from someone who's lived in the town most part of their life. I really recommend this school to everyone, and especially my teacher Adriana, it would not have been the same without her!:)

(And Bocas as a town.... what a place! you can't miss it! Best place in the Caribbean)

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Agnes H

Travellers who viewed Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes also viewed

Bocas Town, Isla Colon
Bocas Town, Isla Colon

Been to Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes? Share your experiences!