Hotel Angela
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bocas Town
See available hotels
Bocas Inn(Isla Colon)
View Hotel
Hotel Los Delfines(Isla Colon)
  • Restaurant
Swan's Cay Hotel(Bocas Town)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Laguna(Bocas Town)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)
View Hotel
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)
Hotel Cristina(Bocas Town)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Angela for 2 nights in mid May, 2011.
We were impressed with the staff. Claudio was quick with email response and personable at check-in: Raquel was a great cook (we ate dinner there both nights), She was very friendly: Edgar was delightful and enjoyed speaking English with us: Mixdalis was pleasant: Eluz at the lobby desk helped us with boat tour and taxi reservations.
We were in room #5. It was clean and adequate with TV and AC. It was very quiet for we were a couple of blocks away from the noisy area. Yet we were within walking distance to every aspect of the town. We enjoyed sitting on the over-water dock terrace. We could see fish in the clear water.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stantiva
Reviewed 26 April 2011

My family did not stay in Hotel Angela, but we did eat in their restaurant two times. The food is absolutely delicious and the prices are reasonable!! The first time we ate there they had lamb on the menu and it was great -- it came with red pepper mashed potatoes and veggies. The next time we ordered the filet mignon and it, too, was wonderful and came with garlic mashed potatoes. And of course, the restaurant sits over the water so the view is nice, too, along with good service (and that's hard to find in this town). This is a great place to eat in Bocas Town.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kathywells42
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We stayed at La Coralina and ate there every night but one. This was the night we came to Hotel Angela, and regretted it almost as soon as we ordered our food. The server was aloof, busy visiting with friends, showed no interest in providing us with service and barely made eye contact with us. Every time we needed something we had to call her or go get her.
The chef had issues with gas/power so he sent us an appetizer. The service from the chef, and the food itself were fantastic, but the server should find a new line of work. She had an air about her that gave the impression that she was too good for the place and that we were lucky to be in her presence. The WRONG person for the job.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I have stayed at Hotel Angela over the years (first introduced in 2004). During that time I have witnessed a continuous improvement in accommodations and amenities but this year there seemed to be a quantum leap. Our room had upgraded tile, improved bathroom area, and a new TV. The restaurant and bar area has been upgraded but the biggest change is in the kitchen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were absolutely delightful. Selection, taste, quantity, and presentation were perfect. Starting with Claudio, Angela's owner, the entire staff are so pleasant and helpful. We had both airline and hotel reservation problems which staff members calmly and patiently worked us through. Our hat's off to Hotel Angela and all of its people.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandy F
Reviewed 4 February 2011

When I checked in they told me I would be in Room 2, the worst room in the hotel. It is directly behind the check-in desk, with a door between the desk and the room, so you can hear everyone walking by and checking in. Luckily they were able to put me in an upstairs room for two nights (at an additional charge), although I did have to stay in Room 2 for the last night.

The hotel is a good deal for Bocas. It's clean and the beds are sleepable. The location is nice - about a five minute walk into town, with quaint restaurants and shops strewn along the way. It's also just a few blocks from the airport, so I never had to use a cab once when I was there. If you eat in the restaurant, the food is great, and reasonably priced (about $10 for an entrée). The only complaint I have is that the internet was virtually unusable. She said it's because they were upgrading the internet connection, but it shouldn't take three days to do, and they should have notified guests of that. That put a damper on any travel research I planned on doing.

All in all, I would probably stay there again. But avoid Rooms 1 and 2.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo