“An Island Jewel”
Review of Hotel Angela

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bocas Town
Hotel Angela
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Bocas Town
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“An Island Jewel”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

After much reading and researching, we chose Hotel Angela. We could have not chosen any better. The hotel was very clean, on the water, close to the airport and close (but not to close) to downtown Bocas. Everything is withing walking distance, restaurants, bars, stores, laundry, bicycle rental, boats etc. The hotel has AC, high speed internet, great breakfast, great view, great service and most especially, Claudio.
Claudio is the hotel owner, an American who has a genuine interest in ensuring his guests have a great time. He made our vacation very especial.
Bocas and the surrounding Islands have plenty of hotels, some very fancy and expensive, but I doubt any can come close to the charm, friendliness and cleanliness of Hotel Angela. I will not hesitate to recommend this hotels to my friends, family or any one. The location is excellent and we actually walked to the airport the day of our departure! Claudio has several ex-pats who visit him and they were able to share and guide us on the different activities in Boca. We already planning our next trip to Bocas, since one week does not give enough time to enjoy all that Bocas del Toro offers.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nmejicano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2010

My friend and I stayed for two nights at the lovely Hotel Angela, on Isla Colon, while en-route to Casa Cayuco on Isla Bastimentos. Hotel Angela is close to town, but a comfortable distance from the noisy party scene. Our room was affordable, comfortable and immaculately clean. Welcoming, thoughtful and interesting Claudio and his hospitable staff members were wonderful! We were able to rent bikes a few doors down and rode out to Playa Drago then took a boat to Swan Caye with tons of cool birds, and then to Starfish Beach. Wonderful!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We live in Boquete, Panama and visit Bocas del Toro frequently, always staying at Hotel Angela. Why? The hotel is on the water; the location is away from the center of town, therefore quieter and only a short walk away. it's comfortable, friendly, always clean and the staff is very accommodating. We recently went with a group of 24 people from Boquete, and Claudio, who owns Hotel Angela, greeted us when we arrived and made everyone feel welcome. We love this hotel!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank mikey71_10
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I recently returned to the Angela for a quiet vacation in paradise. I felt at home when I returned to my balcony room overlooking the water. I was pleased to see that the rooms had been renovated with fresh paint, new linens and mini-fridges. Swimming off the dock and Claudio's warm hospitality remain the same - excellent. If you are looking for a safe, clean, friendly, affordable place to stay, this is where you want to be. The town is quiet during this time of year, but that's ok with me because the beaches are near empty. The Angela is my oasis in Bocas - I can't wait to return again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank KirstenPeck
World CItizens
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I would say that the hotels we stayed at in Puerto Viejo – both Cabinas Guarana, and Cabinas Casa Verde, were nicer than the room we have here at Hotel Angela in Bocas Del Toro. However, there are two key differences. Hot showers and air conditioning.
Oh wonder of wonders!

I know air conditioning eats electricity, and I know that some air conditioners create environmental challenges.

Even knowing these things, it’s like heaven to be sleeping in an air conditioned room after 3 weeks of hot humid climates without a/c. The crazy thing is that in most areas of the world, including here in Panama (though maybe not on this island – depending on where the water table sits), it would be possible to construct natural air conditioning using the air 6 feet below the surface.

But I’m digressing a bit.

The air conditioning for our little room here is GREAT!

At $45/night, Hotel Angela costs the same here in Panama as at Cabinas Casa Verde did in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, but we’re right on the water (literally the back of Hotel Angela is a dock) and we also get breakfast included in the morning here. And the high speed Internet works from our room, which is also the first time that has happened since we left Colorado.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Pacifica, CA
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Never rent a room without viewing it first - I knew this, but we were tired and checked in in a hurry....we won't make that mistake again. Just wanted a clean quiet place to stay - Our room didn't even have a window that opened, the window, which lead to the common area, was screwed shut - thus, there was no way to let the stench (a little like overpowering air freshener and vomit) out of our room. They wanted $55/per, no TV, small, smelly room, I could hear the phone at the front desk ring as well as any noise coming from the bar/restaurant/common area, and the bed cover had some unsightly stains. I went back to the front desk to let them know we were leaving - we hadn't used the room at all - and I didn't want to be charged....after going around with the desk agent, who wanted us to pay for the night, I offered her $10 to let us leave - she took it. There were MANY options in the same price range - including a cute place two doors down, that offered a lot more in terms of cleanliness and hospitality.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hindsight_CA
ClaudioBocasdelToro, dueño at Hotel Angela, responded to this review, 21 March 2010
The food and beverage section of Hotel Angela was leased to "The Chocolate Martini Restaurant" on March 15 of this year, though it has been operating in the hotel since last December 15, 2009.

Due to my absences, I could not manage the monetary losses of this facility.

The same has been true of the reception area. The incident above ocurred on Sunday, March 14, the receptionist in this incident, lost her job on 17 March due to this inconsiderate breach of politeness and respect.

I will be leaving for the City of David tomorrow morning to buy more window curtains, bed sheets and bed coverlets.

I had thought to offer my sincere apologies to the unfortunate couple who arrived at Hotel Angela anticipating a pleasant stay, however their registration sheet has gone missing.

I pray they will accept my public apology, and forgive us as we work at improving our offering.

Sincerely, Claudio

Travellers are raving about these Bocas Town hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Caught buses from San Jose to Bocas on my required 90 day exit from Costa Rica.
I stayed at Hotel Angela from what I read on Trip Advisor. It has not changed dramatically from the previous reveiws. The rooms are clean, A/C works well, hot water & pressure more then adequate, & quiet location. I found the meal sizes in all Bocas restaurants less then adequate, but in The Choclate Martini when I requested extra vegetables they were provided at no extra cost. This made the meal much more filling. Also the complimentary breakfast is no longer provided, probably from the new owners since Dec. 2009. I found the owners & all the staff friendly & helpful

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
#2 of 2 in Carenero Island
Hotel Caribbean View
Hotel Caribbean View
#2 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos

Been to Hotel Angela? Share your experiences!