“Disappointed”
Review of Hotel Angela

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bocas Town
Hotel Angela
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Bocas Town
Fort Myers
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Very disappointed
I was very disappointed with my stay here. My room was clean but so small there were no dresser, no television, and a small rack with just two hangers. Evidently they just leased out there restaurant space and the new owners were so noisy at night in the cleanup. it was impossible to sleep until they were done with their cleanup at 0100. I ate there on my last night do not waste your time at this restaurant any restaurant in Bocas is better than this one. Their selection was poor writing on a chalk board but the food was poor in quality with small portions and way overpriced. I ordered salsa and chips received six chips and about one ounce of salsa (30ml) for $5.00. The price was that of a luxury restaurant but the quality was poor I left there still hungry. In addition the service was poor I had to wait about twenty minutes for my bill. For the same price you could have ate like a king in any other restaurant in Bocas.
The staff was very friendly and helpful but you could get the same basic room in the center of town with a television for $15.00. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ftmyersseeker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We stayed in Room 7 at hotel Angela for 5 nights. The hotel is simple, not glamerous. But it is clean, comfortable and a value. Best points were:

Friendly Staff - everyone was very helpful and big smiles. Especially the owner Claudio we really wanted to make sure we had a great stay.

Easy Payment - I almost booked a nearby hotel at similar price but they did not take credit cards and would only accept Western Union transfer for reservation. This meant a $15 fee on my end and I was not comfortable with the process at all. Reservation process at hotel angela was very easy.

Great Restaurant - after checking out the menu and view of EVERY restaurant in Bocas town that we could find, we actually chose to eat at Sol y Sombra (the new restaurant inside Hotel Angela) twice during our trip.

Great location - Hotel Angela is close to downtown but not TOO close. It is an easy walk but it is not noisy at all. Plus there are great restaurants (like RipTide, Bocas Blended, la Cashab) right in the same street. And a nice bike rental shop 2 doors down. One of the best happy hours was at the hotel next door to Hotel Angela. We had originally planned to book another hotel on the opposite side of town, but when we compared them later we were very glad we chose the east side of town. it seems just a little more "upscale" if that is possible in Bocas.

Nice cold A/C and great shower - which is always important after a long day in the sun.

A few things I was not totally happy about:
We had room #7 which is DeLuxe. But I am not sure why it was Deluxe as it did not have a balcony. (it did have a fridge). I wish we had gone with a Standard room instead. For us, the fridge was not worth the extra $20 per night.
The last day we were there we went into the restaurant in the morning to see if we could get coffee and realized that breakfast was included? We did not know this and wish we had been told when we checked in.
Room #7 has a bright light on the outside of the building that shines directly onto the bed at night. Right next to your head. We had to end up hanging out towels over the window so that we could sleep. And our bed covers were worn and even torn and could stand to be replaced. BUT all those things are minor. Overall we felt hotel Angela was a very good choice.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
ClaudioBocasdelToro, Owner at Hotel Angela, responded to this review, 30 January 2011
Thank you for the positive aspects of your review of Hotel Angela. Yes, we have a friendly staff, and kindness is our guiding principle, as is so indicated on our web pages.

Our difficulty with your stay, however, is that our cleaning personel were never able to enter your room 7 for persons were always asleep inside. We left towels and soap outside your door but were not permitted to enter and clean your room during the entirety of your stay with us.

We were concerned, and inspected the bedding very carefully after your leaving, and found no rips or tears, thank you!

And, breakfast is a gift of the hotel, is not included in the price of the room, and is available from 7 30 am until 10 am each and every morning.

We will, however, begin making changes to the hotel rooms by installing cable TV's in each room, beginning with your room 7 and room 6. We are taking out one of the double beds, installing a table and 2 chairs in each room, with refrigerators and natural plants from our farm.

We will raise our prices just a bit, and breakfast will be included in the price.

Please come and visit with us again, and see the difference.

Cordially,

Claudio
Reviewed 11 December 2010

We were mislead about the price of the room: at $75 for a room with fridge it was very overpriced for nothing special

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank danjjames

Travellers are raving about these Bocas Town hotels

Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 17 October 2010

After much reading and researching, we chose Hotel Angela. We could have not chosen any better. The hotel was very clean, on the water, close to the airport and close (but not to close) to downtown Bocas. Everything is withing walking distance, restaurants, bars, stores, laundry, bicycle rental, boats etc. The hotel has AC, high speed internet, great breakfast, great view, great service and most especially, Claudio.
Claudio is the hotel owner, an American who has a genuine interest in ensuring his guests have a great time. He made our vacation very especial.
Bocas and the surrounding Islands have plenty of hotels, some very fancy and expensive, but I doubt any can come close to the charm, friendliness and cleanliness of Hotel Angela. I will not hesitate to recommend this hotels to my friends, family or any one. The location is excellent and we actually walked to the airport the day of our departure! Claudio has several ex-pats who visit him and they were able to share and guide us on the different activities in Boca. We already planning our next trip to Bocas, since one week does not give enough time to enjoy all that Bocas del Toro offers.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nmejicano
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2010

My friend and I stayed for two nights at the lovely Hotel Angela, on Isla Colon, while en-route to Casa Cayuco on Isla Bastimentos. Hotel Angela is close to town, but a comfortable distance from the noisy party scene. Our room was affordable, comfortable and immaculately clean. Welcoming, thoughtful and interesting Claudio and his hospitable staff members were wonderful! We were able to rent bikes a few doors down and rode out to Playa Drago then took a boat to Swan Caye with tons of cool birds, and then to Starfish Beach. Wonderful!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We live in Boquete, Panama and visit Bocas del Toro frequently, always staying at Hotel Angela. Why? The hotel is on the water; the location is away from the center of town, therefore quieter and only a short walk away. it's comfortable, friendly, always clean and the staff is very accommodating. We recently went with a group of 24 people from Boquete, and Claudio, who owns Hotel Angela, greeted us when we arrived and made everyone feel welcome. We love this hotel!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank mikey71_10
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I recently returned to the Angela for a quiet vacation in paradise. I felt at home when I returned to my balcony room overlooking the water. I was pleased to see that the rooms had been renovated with fresh paint, new linens and mini-fridges. Swimming off the dock and Claudio's warm hospitality remain the same - excellent. If you are looking for a safe, clean, friendly, affordable place to stay, this is where you want to be. The town is quiet during this time of year, but that's ok with me because the beaches are near empty. The Angela is my oasis in Bocas - I can't wait to return again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo