“This hotel was absolutely fantastic!”

Hotel Bocas del Toro
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bocas Town
St Louis
“This hotel was absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

The service was great. The rooms were nice. The location is as good as it gets. The staff was friendly. Carla the owner was extremely helpful in her recommendations. Everything she recommended we do during our stay was wonderful. I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank jwdonald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

I just returned from a fabulous trip to Panama, where I spent a few nights at this hotel. It was a top-notch experience. We received great service from the staff. The hotel is decorated with a personal and modern touch. Carla, the owner, greeted us on our way out and made sure that everything was going well. I would strongly recommend the hotel if you are planning a trip.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeffm031
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

The Hotel Bocas Del Toro was too cute. The staff was super friendly and helpfull. I will for sure stay there again. The rooms were clean and had everything I needed. I would recommend everyone who is traveling to Bocas to stay there.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank summerQ12
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2010

Compared to the other places in Bocas Town, this hotel is probably alright. We stayed here on the strong recommendation of our travel guide book. I have to say, though, I was disappointed. Based on my stay at the hotel, I would say that this place is comparable to a 2-star hotel in the States (i.e. Motel 6). The bathroom clearly needed to cleaned with more vigor as there was quite a bit of mildew in the shower. Also, the bedding appeared somewhat old.

However, if you want to be in the center of the action, this place is for you. My one recommendation, get a room as far away from the street as you can. It is extremely loud. The bar across the street blasted music until 3 or 4 a.m. in the morning.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Wold, Director at Hotel Bocas del Toro, responded to this review, 4 February 2010
We apologize for the discomfort your visit may have caused you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has provided to be invaluable.
Hotel Bocas del Toro acknowledges the issues raised, including the town noise. Bocas del Toro is a fiesta town, as a result, noise pollution skyrockets on the weekends and holidays. Sites like Trip Advisors have created a solid platform that provides for a dialog between past guest reviewers as well as for the hotels and we are grateful for this.
We have done is taken specific steps such as tightening our room inspections. Unfortunately due to our laundry system falling prey to humidity and ocean air, ours was down during your stay and we were required to outsource our linens. Much to our dismay, with poor water quality coupled with rusty pipes, many of our linens were returned stained or damaged. We have now invested in 4 new industrial systems which will solve this problem.
While it’s hard to play the ranking game with internet reviews, we believe our boutique hotel built over the ocean of 9 different exotic hardwoods in the archipelago with island views including, orthopedic pillow top mattresses, cotton sheets, flat screen cable TV, fresh tropical flowers, organic sustainable coffee, including both comfort and high tech amenities with free WiFi along with a cozy nautical decor, Hotel Bocas del Toro cannot be fairly compared to a Hotel 6. Though honestly, we have visited one recently.
We appreciate your comments and will continue to offer the best service available in Bocas del Toro.
costa rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

We recently had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at the Hotel Bocas del Toro. It was too short. We live in Costa Rica and went to celebrate my birthday. A perfect place. The location is right in bocas town on the water with a fantastic view. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant on the water had a great view , was very clean and the service was very good. They also have free WIFI at the restaurant. Now for the room. We had the waterfront suite. Couldn't have found a better room. It was huge with a great Nautical decor. Lots of polished wood,comfortable king size bed , air conditioning, plazma screen TV, DVD player and a huge private porch overlooking the water and the other Islands. The room was suited for 5 , so the two of us felt like we were in a vary large space. When we return to the Islands we will definitely go back to Hotel Bocas del Toro.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

I stayed here for 4 days on a recent business trip. The hotel staff was fantastic, and my room was absolutely beautiful. I had to work (unfortunately) in between scuba dives, and the hotel owner gave me the best room in the house for my last night. Very sweet of her. The food is great, the bar is super and a great place to watch premier league football :). I would definitely recommend this to all my friends and family and would stay here again for sure!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank chinitadiver
maui
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Bocas del Toros. Carla, the owner of the hotel,
was a delight and very gracious. The staff was always ready to serve and took great care of me during my stay. I appreciated the quality and ambiance and first class feeling throughout my stay. If you are visiting this most amazing and unique Bocas Archipelago, consider staying at this very fine venue and using it as your home away from home. I did and loved it. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Bocas Paradise Hotel
Bocas Paradise Hotel
#7 of 13 in Bocas Town
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & S...
#1 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
#5 of 21 in Isla Colon

Been to Hotel Bocas del Toro? Share your experiences!