“Nice little place”

Ranked #12 of 80 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Diner, Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Buguita is a waterfront restaurant located in Bocas Town. we use local and seasoning products, we are offering breakfast, lunch and dinner fresh options, a touch of caribe and panamenian fresh ingredients Relish delightful, homemade dishes or simply pleasure in the stunning view over the ocean. In accordance with its attempt to support local businesses and prevent pollution, La Buguita is mainly processing local products. our happy hour 5 to 7 pm and live music... enjoy BOCAS DEL TORO here my friend!
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I ate here last month. We both thought the food was good and they were very accommodating to my lactose allergy. The girl that severed our table, I think was daughter of the owners, spoke very good English. My husband had a seafood pasta dish that he said was "to-die-for" and I had simple, fresh fish. We also really liked the friendly Amazon parrot that was hanging out with us, we're guessing owner's pet.

Note: even at noon, they are still only serving breakfast here.

I would give it a 5* review, if it weren't for the price. La Buguita, like most other places on the water, is a bit over-priced. Not horrible but definitely tourist prices (closer to what you would pay in the US for dinner).

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Grabbed an afternoon lunch at this vibrant inviting outdoor lounge.

Funky color on chairs & tables; hanging plates & vines providing green, friendly parrot keeping you entertained and there is the bustle of the dive shop at the end of the pier for people-watchin.

Simple yet varied menu with attentive, friendly service made it a tranquil time.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at La Buguita for piñas coladas after a diving session at nearby La Buga, and they were amazing. The waterfront seating area has a very casual, relaxed vibe, which was perfect to rest and enjoy the sunset.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon this restaurant after 10 or so minutes walking down the main strip on a Sunday night. We were looking for an affordable place that would suit both of our tastes for the night. He got the sailfish (catch of the day) and I the vegetarian pasta. A gin and tonic and caipirinha were our drinks of choice and we split an appetizer of bruschetta.

To say the food was amazing would be an understatement. My compliments to the chef! He experiments with all of his meals and our came out perfectly. We knew it was going to be good when our drinks were amazing. The prices are pretty standard for bocas- not too cheap, but also not crazy expensive. We paid a little over $20 for the entire meal, and the portions were very nice!

Our waitress, Kira, was absolutely amazing and we spent more time swapping stories after she placed our orders. She was very friendly, and quick with bringing us our food and drinks. Her suggestions were right on target, and we are STILL taking about the amazing bruschetta she recommended, a week after our visit. Easily the best meal I've eaten during my stay in Latin America. Definitely going to return for a second round!

Oh, and the ocean view and music was lovely as well. We got to see a sting ray swim right by us in the crystal clear water on the dock as we were waiting for our food!

1  Thank Ebony M
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I ate there with a couple of other travelers we met at the ferry terminal in Almirante. The atmosphere was good, happy hour goes on to 8pm, and the food prices are good.
I had a large sesame tuna steak with a salad, it cost $11 . Back home this would be easily a $20 plate. My husband had a seafood pasta, which was also excellent and that was $9. Back home this would be at least $15. We also had a brownie, it was okay, on the chewy side. That was $3. So dinner for two with loads of drinks was $35 tip included. Our friends had the same Tuna plate and enjoyed it thoroughly. The service is fast and friendly too. I would go back there again!