“Best smoothies and waiters in Bocas”

La Buguita Ocean Lounge
Ranked #12 of 80 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Diner, Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Buguita is a waterfront restaurant located in Bocas Town. we use local and seasoning products, we are offering breakfast, lunch and dinner fresh options, a touch of caribe and panamenian fresh ingredients Relish delightful, homemade dishes or simply pleasure in the stunning view over the ocean. In accordance with its attempt to support local businesses and prevent pollution, La Buguita is mainly processing local products. our happy hour 5 to 7 pm and live music... enjoy BOCAS DEL TORO here my friend!
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

A smoothie at la Buguita is the perfect hangover cure, breakfast drink, evening cocktail with added rum, and everything else. The food is delicious and the cook very talented and friendly. Whether it is for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you will find good food, friendly (sexy) waiters and a perfect seaside terrasse. But beware, the parrot might try and eat your food ;)

1  Thank Cécile R

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Really liked this place. Right on the water, great staff and priced well. The fish tacos and the burgers made our daily lunch schedule.

1  Thank Noodlesromanoff
Reviewed 25 February 2014

During our week in Bocas, this was our go-to spot for breakfast. It's located right on the water, which makes for a great place to start the day. They have a wide variety of smoothies, black coffee, and a range of food from breakfast burritos to french toast to granola. They also have a parrot that "lives" there who likes to imitate your whistles, and may even come sit on your shoulder. I loved it here.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I went here, as it was the first place I saw that looked interesting! I was unfortunately late for breakfast but will go back and try that soon! I had the humous and falafel plate with a coffee and a smoothie! Everything was delcious and filling and it all came to $13 including tax. Not a bad price considering I was full and didn't have to eat anything else for the rest of the day!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We waited for 45 mins for our food at a quiet time of day. When I asked how much longer the food would be, I was told (with the waitresses back to me) "it's ready"... It wasn't. After asking to cancel the order 15 minutes later (an hour after ordering) out came two terrible burgers: one over cooked, the other undercooked.

For the price I expected better, it's expensive and the service is awful. They even add a 10% charge to your bill (I assume for service) ummm, no I didn't want to leave you a tip!

The whole bocas experience is a rip off, but at least you don't normally have to wait an hour for your crappy food to come out.