“Best day tour in Bocas!”

Panama Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Panama Horseback Adventures is a small adventure based tour company that works closely with the indigenous people of the San Cristobal Village. We create jobs and tourism for the local village as well as provide top quality horseback adventures for riders of all levels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 18 April 2014

What an incredible day! Dave picked us up in his boat at Red Frog and we were given a great “mini-tour” on our 25 minute ride to the horses. His knowledge of local history is wonderful. I’d gotten my moneys worth even before we rode the horses. Make sure to ask him how he got the horses to the island. Crazy-amazing! When we arrived the horses were ready to go. Dave talked to each person about their riding experience to make sure we were matched with the right horse. The ride was beautiful and educational. Dave has really done his homework. Because our group had 2 young girls, we did a nice walk through the jungle which was perfect. Having not ridden for almost 20 years it was a perfect re-introduction. Now we’re ready for the longer more adventurous ride. We'll see you soon Dave!

All reviews
"the owner"
in 6 reviews
"cacao trees"
in 2 reviews
"visiting bocas del toro"
"great tour"
in 19 reviews
"dock"
"vista"

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We went on the full day tour (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM). Being novice riders, it was so helpful and educational having Dave give us safety pointers and a quick-and-dirty lesson on how to handle ourselves and the horses on different terrain. He and his trail guide, Narcisso, made us feel totally comfortable and confident. The trail was beautiful and along the way, Dave provided education on the local flora and fauna. He also shared many colorful stories on the history of Bocas. The lunch in the village was delicious - yummy chicken, coconut rice, and beans. I purchased a great bag and two bracelets made by the local Artisans. Something I'll treasure, along with the memory of the ride, forever. Don't hesitate to go!!

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Having read the other comments regarding this tour, I happily booked a half a day trip with my friend (another novice). The day was worth every penny, Dave is a thorough and personable guide and you feel very comfortable in the saddle, the trail is demanding in places and this adds to the overall experience. This was my second time in Bocas and was the highlight of both trips along Panama's Northern Caribbean tourist hotspot.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

One of the nicest thing about the tour besides the riding itself was meeting Dave, Molly and Narcise. My wife and I are inexperienced riders. Dave made everything so comfortable that after the tour was done I asked about doing a more advanced ride.. Unfortunately we ran ride out of time. Our tour was the best and most interesting one we did. The scenery, the wild life and getting to see a real Panamanian village was amazing. Thanks to Dave and his help and keep the good times coming.