“Home, away from Home !!!!”

Tropical Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bocas Town
Florida
“Home, away from Home !!!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2008

I just returned from a Two (2) week stay at the Tropical Suites in Bocas del Toro, Panama on business.

I must say that I have been to a lot of boutique Hotels around the world but from the minute I walked in, I felt like I was "home". The room was clean (dust and bug free - VERY IMPORTANT). The bed was very comfortable, free wireless internet, blow dryers double sink and jacuzzi in the large bathroom, full kitchen with granite counter tops. They even provide a continental breakfast every morning at Lilis right next door which is fantastic. You sit right on the water and enjoy seeing the fishing boats going out for the days catch. Laundry room is also available in the evenings

Petri and Hans own and manage the property. They were there whenever and where ever needed. The staff is very friendly.. Best of all, you are within walking distance to everything in Bocas .

So what I can I say... Your stay at Tropical Suites will like visiting family and be a lifetime of relaxation for you and your family whether you are on a business trip or just relaxation.

Book your next trip to Bocas at Tropical Suites.. YOU WONT BE SORRY.

• Liked — Felt like Home
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Fran R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Gloucester, UK
Reviewed 6 June 2008

I stayed at this hotel and the owners are friendly as well as the other staff. Hans (owner) picked me up from the airport and took us to the hotel. I booked a day before I arrived by ringing from Panama city after a recomendation from friends.

The have a decking at the back that you could use for relaxing and swimming.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2004, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mokay
Orange County, Ca
Reviewed 19 March 2008

Having spent eight days on the island, the Tropical Suites is clearly the best hotel in Bocas. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable and roomy. My bathroom was spacious with double sinks and a nice big jacuzzi type bathtub. Unfortunately when I booked, the room I wanted was only available for four days. Upon relocating to a hotel down the street for the final four days it became obvious that the Tropical Suites is the finest in town.

The owners, Hans and Petri are friendly and most helpful. I did not have a room booked in Panama City for my return trip and Petri was pleased to take the time to call around and she got me a very nice room in Panama City. I highly recommend the Tropical suites.

• Liked — Clean, modern, great service.
  • Disliked — I had to leave too soon
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank ErikOrangeCounty_Ca
salt spring island
Reviewed 23 February 2008

When I first walked by the Tropical Suites, I thought, "Not this place. It has to be noisy." After spending a week on a quiet island, my friend and I wanted to spend some time directly appreciating the charms of Bocas town but didn't want to return to the place we had stayed in before as it required an expensive taxi ride over bumpy roads whenever we wanted to do town things. This time we went in and spoke to the owners who showed us around the hotel. When we discovered that the doors and windows were sound proof we made a booking for the day we came back into town. It was so much fun to walk out of our most comfortable suite and be in the bustle of the town. It was the perfect choice that brought an alternative view to life in this fascinating part of Panama. The wonderful staff made our stay here memorable.

• Liked — The location and the suite
  • Disliked — There was only one bed apart from a small couch that converted to a floor level sleeping palette.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank kokum
NYC
Reviewed 10 February 2008

We spent 4 nights at this charming hotel and it simply made our stay in Bocas that more enjoyable. The couple who run this hotel go above and beyond in customer satisfaction (i.e. arrange tours, places to shop/eat, things to avoid). They really invested a lot into this property and it shows.

Pro's: Sound-proof windows, allergen-free beddings, dust-free room, quality mattress, wheelchair friendly, location & free internet (that actually works!)

Con's: Not spending all my nights here. (Unfortunately we spent a night at La Coralina. Our tired noisy room had lumpy mattresses, dust, and bed bugs. The place is run by an owner who's out to make a fast buck, not satisfying customers.)

I highly recommend Tropical Suites. You will be delighted with your stay as much as I was. AAA++++!!!!!!

• Liked — Convenience to town, activities, cleanliness, customer service
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank gyutrust
minneapolis
Reviewed 29 January 2008

I have stayed at the Tropical Suites many times over the past two years and it is always a perfect experience. This is by far the cleanest, most comfortable and best run hotel in town. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Liked — clean, well run
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank jeffwilwerdi8ng
victoria b.c
Reviewed 28 January 2008

Hola mis amigos and amigas!

Wow! What a great hotel situated right on the water with your very own dock! Beautiful sunrises from your balconey, swim in 85 degree water right out front. The owners of the hotel are from Holland and run a very clean, well-designed boutique hotel. The staff are very friendly and more than happy to give you directions to their favourite restaurants. Enjoy the jacuzzi bathtubs and the large suites. I fell in love with Isla Colon in Bocas del Toro. My stay at the Tropical Suites was a wonderful experience and I will be visiting there again this year. I've got to return to this piece of paradise! Make sure you visit all the islands which is easily done by way of boat taxi that you can catch right out front of the hotel.

Enjoy,

Gran Hotel Bahia
Gran Hotel Bahia
#5 of 13 in Bocas Town
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & S...
#1 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
#5 of 21 in Isla Colon
Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort

Been to Tropical Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!