In two words: Totally Amazing!!!
The hotel is beautiful, modern and spotlessly clean. Hans and Petri (the owners) and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Our suite was right on the ocean........ literally and had a large balcony and jacuzzi bath tube. The hotel is built (by Hans and Petri) on pillars on the ocean. The ocean view rooms are spectacular. The air conditioning pumps out ice cubes and cools the entire room within minutes. The suites have a refrigerator with a freezer that actually keeps ice and ice cream frozen and there is a full kitchen. Complimentary wireless internet is included and it works very well. Hans, Petri and their staff are always around to help you out with anything at all. The front desk is staffed 24/7 and there is a laundery room for guests.
We are both divers and dove with Star Fleet divers which is loctated two doors away. We had heard that the diving in Bocas was not very good so we were very surprised when it turned out to be great. There is abundant marine life and the dives are quite shallow. I dove right off the dock of the hotel twice, once during the day and once at night. There is nothing like doing a dive and then exiting the water and going straight up to your room. There are many cushion starfish, spiney starfish, scorpion fish, lobsters, crabs, octopus, squid, sting rays, upside-down jellyfish..........the list goes on and on...... right off the dock of the hotel. Some of the dive sites which are accessed by boat are only minutes away and we saw dophins up close on the ride in.
There are lots of restaurants within a minute or two walk from the hotel. The ferry from the mainland docks about five doors down from the hotel and there are lots of people willing to carry your luggage for you for tip money. They will only ask you once and if you say no they will not continuously hound you. The same can be said for all others offering services such as boat rides etc. They will ask you if you want to use their services and then they will leave you alone. The local people are very friendly and laid back.
Bocas is definitely a place to explore now before the secret gets out and the hoards of tourists start coming. We will be back at the Tropical Suites very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Suites is a modern oceanfront hotel located in the heart of Bocas del Toro. Resting on a tranquil Caribbean shoreline, the property is close to many over the water restaurants, shops and attractions. The hotel's comfortable and spacious suites feature a panoramic view of the Caribbean waters or the island's tropical landscape. Amenities include private balconies, air conditioning, 24 hour front desk and water access from the hotel's private dock. Nearby attractions include beaches, snorkeling, dolphin watching, zip-lining, diving and surfing. Tours and activities may be arranged through the hotel's front reception. Guests may choose to include breakfast with their room rate. The property is a 15 minute walk or short taxi ride from the Bocas Town island airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Tropical Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Hotel Bocas Town
- Tropical Suites Hotel Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town