Despite the 75 plus other reviews that rave about Tropical Suites, to not say something would be like eating and enjoying a magnificent home cooked meal and never thanking the chef!
We arrived in the rain, were met by Cesar at the airport and transported the short distance to the hotel where we were warmly and enthusiastically greeted by Chip and his wife Jaime (C and J)! That was the beginning of a love affair with the Tropical Suites. Yes, it rained everyday day but that did not stop us from exploring the beaches and restaurants and shops on several islands, all with J and C's truthful, straightforward and honest opinion. The staff of people that care for the property were incredible - nothing was impossible, everything was carried through, and always with such grace and class that I almost felt apologetic for even asking. Future plans call for a Martini Bar and small restaurant which will clearly attract more and more people and the Hotel will be even more popular than ever - a dream come true for C and J. The present arrangement for breakfast at Lily's, next door, is simply not to be missed! Additionally, C and J are planning major extensions for a horizon pool off the deck on the Sea, plus other changes that will only make this Hotel a gem in the whole of the Caribbean!
Dianne and I cannot say enough, except that it is our new favorite place in Panama (we are Panama residents and US American ex-pats) and will be back MANY times more. Thank you J and C. Merry Christmas and a Prospero Ano Nuevo.
John and Dianne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Suites is a modern oceanfront hotel located in the heart of Bocas del Toro. Resting on a tranquil Caribbean shoreline, the property is close to many over the water restaurants, shops and attractions. The hotel's comfortable and spacious suites feature a panoramic view of the Caribbean waters or the island's tropical landscape. Amenities include private balconies, air conditioning, 24 hour front desk and water access from the hotel's private dock. Nearby attractions include beaches, snorkeling, dolphin watching, zip-lining, diving and surfing. Tours and activities may be arranged through the hotel's front reception. Guests may choose to include breakfast with their room rate. The property is a 15 minute walk or short taxi ride from the Bocas Town island airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Tropical Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Hotel Bocas Town
- Tropical Suites Hotel Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town