Hotel Olas
Hotel Laguna(Bocas Town)
US$94
US$84
  • Restaurant
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$77
Hotel Palma Royale(Bocas Town)
US$116
Swan's Cay Hotel(Bocas Town)
US$63
US$58
  • Breakfast included
US$112
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$42
Hotel Cristina(Bocas Town)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe main streetthe hotel offersclean towelsplace to stayair conditioninglaundry servicewaterbocasislandtourstowndannyhammocksboatsvibe
Reviewed 30 December 2008

Although they are on the water and beautiful out the restaurant, and the building is wood and has a lot of potential; the people working here RUIN THE ExPERIENcE here!!! Prices that they were demanding for staying (even if more than one night) were double what is quoted here on this website. We did not find this out until after we already had a room. Our room was in the back with no view except windows that opened on to the building next door. So I can't imagine what they charge for view rooms. In addition the staff have been incredible haughty and rude the entire time we've been here. We are two doctors who are married and own a clinic together - so hardly the backpacking young crowd - although we are travelling with backpacks. I speak fluent Spanish. However given all of this with any question or request we've communicated they have acted completely as if we are putting them out and literally look down their noses at us. I've travelled the world throughout my life and by far this is one of the very worst hotels for numerous reasons that I've ever been! DON"T GO HERE!

Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank IntrepidTravelDoc
Reviewed 8 September 2008

We actually never stayed at Hotel Olas. Our trip to Panama had to be cancelled because of work. We did, however, make reservations at Hotel Olas and we were told that in order to secure our room we had to send $58 for the first night via Western Union, which I did, albeit to some name like Ashkenazy that didn't make much sense at the time. Olas, by the way, had come recommended by another hotel owner in the area so I was confident it would be OK. To make a long story short, I cancelled our reservation about 4 weeks in advance of our arrival and hoped to recoup my $58 minus the Western Union fee. I emailed Hotel Olas repeatedly and was told the money was on the way but I've never gotten it. This was in addition to the mountain of confusion that ensued when we first tried to book our room. First the Presidential Suite was available and then it wasn't. And then it was. And then it wasn't. What can I say? I feel duped. I feel scammed. I've traveled all over the world and a lot of in the third world and this was truly a remarkable piece of disorganization and misinformation. It might be lovely place, but I'll never know it. Michael Langlois, Miami.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank langloismj
Reviewed 5 May 2008

Rooms are very clean and the views are great. The included breakfast is a great deal. Understand though that this isn't luxury. While clean, the rooms are basic and simple. Other reviewers mentioned rude staff.....I'd like to assume that the laid back island nature combned with the shy panamanian persona leads to this impression. No staff were rude but they aren't overly outgoing either. This is a quiet simple little hotel that complements Bocas very well. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank ryanathompson
Reviewed 2 March 2008

I usually don't go along with on-street solicitors trying to sell me on an accommodation, but we landed in Bocas after a sleepless night and our defenses weren't up.

Turned out to be a fantastically fortunate lapse in what is otherwise generally good travel judgment :)

The young Israeli couple managing Olas is perfectly hospitable and generally helpful. They built the place themselves, and the TLC they invested comes right through. Rooms have air-con and flat TVs, as well as private hot showers. Much of the building is open-air and makes for a great place to wind down in the early evening. I think they've done some further construction/renovations since our visit, though I'm sure that can only be a good thing.

Highly recommended!

- Ori Blum

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank blumo
Reviewed 1 March 2008

We spent two days at Hotel Olas my wife and I thought the service was terible the owners and the workers would just look at me when I would be standing at the bar trying to get a beer no one would help, I guess they don't need the money. we were on the ground floor and we could smell sewage we could not waite to leave.
We went next door to hotel dos pamas very clean the owners were very nice a nice porch over the water $15.00 cheaper than olas beer was 40cents cheaper then olas and you can evan get a beer when you want one.we spent eight more days at dos pamas. hotel olas was very disapoiting.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple