All reviewsprivate poolgolf cartpunta lavared frogzip liningwater taxifull kitchenluxury villacanopy tourwasher and dryerla rosajungle villageplaya tortugapanama citybeach barper daycapuchin monkeys
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had the best time. A little island of paradise off Bocas del Toro. Although we could plug into WiFi and had TV access we were in 7th heaven being unplugged for a week. Coffee on the lanai overlooking the rainforest. Watching the rains come in and napping to the sounds of rain on the trees outside our opened French doors. Walks on the trails through the rain forest. White face monkeys. Sloths. We are planning the next trip.....soon!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I had the pleasure of spending a week here in one of Red Frog's beautiful villas overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The villas are spacious, immaculate and comfortable, complete with an infinity pool, satellite tv and views of stunning natural beauty as far as the eye can see. Each villa comes with its own golf cart that you use to traverse the island and adds to the jungle adventure. There are gorgeous, uncrowded beaches just down the hill from the villas and conveniently located restaurants, which serve reasonably priced, locally caught fish among other dishes. There is world class surfing on the island (Wizard beach) or you can arrange a water taxi to take you to any number of spots within 10-15minutes away. The staff are helpful and pleasant and can assist you in any adventure you'd like to arrange (snorkeling, fishing,
sailing, zip-lining, etc) I'd recommend Red Frog Resort to young and old, families and couples alike. Island adventure for all ages.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Awesome place to stay; as we will be going back every year. If Beach living is what you're looking for this is the place to go. The Villas are great with each having it's own infinity pool, Direct TV and Wireless internet.
Do go grocery shopping on Bocas to get snacks beverages to stock your fridge, because there is not much to buy on Bastimentos where Red Frog is located, but you can buy spirits, water and soda from them.
Breakfast is included at the Beach bar Punta Lava. Lunches are easy and would recommend the fish tacos, fresh and resonably priced. Dinners are very good as well as there is a wide variety from homemade pasta, a whole snapper or even a Beef filet which was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I spent 4 days at the Red Frog Beach resort - at villa number 8 and so enjoyed my stay. Private pool where I could enjoy swimming without being disrupted, luxury villa and the huge kitchen. I loved preparing my own dinners there and I usually do not like cooking at all. I am a huge nature lover so waking up to the noise of the jungle was amazing, and then all the butterflies, humming birds and flowers around! I even had bananas growing right next to my pool. Plus, driving a golf cart around was part of the adventure, especially after the rain as the roads got all muddy, so much fun. I also walked along the Turtle beach a lot and did spend some time at the famous Red Frog beach too sipping on my favorite coconut water. Ah, and get a massage at the Susurro spa, the spa is right in the jungle, so cool! Ludo, my therapist, was so good at what he was doing and I left like a brand-new person. All the other staff working at Red Frog was super helpful, thumbs up. And if you are up for adventure, go do the the Sky Canopy Tour. It was one of the best ziplines I've ever done, and I do zipline everywhere I go :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Crazysexyfuntraveler
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Let's just say that Red Frog Beach was so captivating that we extended our 2 day stay to 5 days.
This is definitely the perfect place for friends and large groups. Our 4 br villa was more than enough for us 4 girls. It was pure heaven to be able to wake up, walk out to our balcony and watch the sunrise over the water, or quickly dive into our private pool. The only drawback was the quality of soap in the villa, but luckily, we learned that the wife of the man who gave us the horseback riding tour, was now supplying the villas with her organic soaps!

As others have mentioned, getting around without a golf cart, is pointless. We were shocked to see people footing it, even in the dark. The roads are unpaved, gravelly, full of potholes, not to mention there are absolutely no lights!

Overall the staff was incredible. Willie in the front office made our stay 99% of what it was! He's hilarious and sweet. I agree, that the staff at the two restaurants were hit or miss. There is virtually no quality control, seeing as how ordering the same thing two or three times yielded wildly different results. Also, you never knew if you would be able to get your order in a timely fashion as the front hostess/waitress would quickly "forget" our orders, and then offer little to no apology. Forget a courtesy smile! Save for those experiences, the overall stay was something you MUST do if you visit Bocas.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends