We've lived in Panama for 8 years and heard questionable things about Red Frog. Don't believe any of them. It is an unbelievably beautiful resort. Expect to see sloths, monkeys and parrots everywhere. We also saw boa constrictors, dolphins, plenty of turtles and the famous red frog.
Absolutely beautiful flora and fauna. Beautiful beach views everywhere. And no cars! That's right. The only way around the resort is either walking or in golf carts.
Highlights: The zip line tour is the best we've done anywhere and the manager (an ex SF soldier) and his crew are safety conscious, funny, and friendly. Went spearfishing/snorkeling with my son and had the time of our life. Fantastic snorkeling and coral/fish. The beachside restaurant is also outstanding. The three nights we ate there were very good... Order the Coco Loco (3 different rums and coconut milk in a coconut).
The accomodations were very nice. Beautiful homes on a hill looking over one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches we've been to.
One of the highlights: One of us left our backpack at the boat dock in Bocas del Toro (Bastimento). Larry who is the head of guest services called the boat dock and had the manager grab the backpack. Larry then waited as we took a boat all the way back to Bocas to pick up the backpack and return to Red Frog to make sure we got it back and had a ride back to our villa. That's first class service.
A really amazing experience. And would highly recommend this. Once of the best vacations we've had anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Beach offers upscale villas to rent with private pools and so much adventure to enjoy on Isla Bastimentos. If you like nice beaches and exploring jungle--this is the perfect place. Two restaurants, 4 beaches, Zipline, surfing, snorkeling, hiking, sailing and famous cave tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Beach Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro