“Beautiful place!”
Review of Hostal Bastimentos

Hostal Bastimentos
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Our stay here was great. The rooms are beautiful and really worth the money. Beautiful view from the terrace!! Its a great place to relax and get away from everything. The island might not be too good in general, but the hostel definitely is. The manager is a great person as well. I totally recomend this place for a couple or even alone or with friends if you are looking to relax. Anyhow you can take a watertaxi to the main island if you feel like going our for drinks or to eat.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hostel Bastimentos was a cool experience. Super chill little island. The beaches are so secluded and empty. Some of the nicest beaches I've ever seen. The Hostel was great, all the guests were casual and everyone socialized. The owner, Enrique was extremely friendly and helpful. Give him beers and he'll be an even happier man. Haha. Keep it up Enrique. We had fun there. Thank you for putting up with our drunken new year excursion Haha. If you see Snake tell him the Canadian boys say whats up!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Nice hostel in the interesting town of bastimentos. Everything was in good condition including the beds and the kitchen. The staff were friendly and it was only a 10 minute walk to wizard beach (which is unspoiled by mass tourism like the other beaches in the bocas region.)

I did not stay for more than one night though as it was stiflingly hot and I missed the AC I had on the main island.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JosephFoley
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at Hostal Bastimentos with my mum for two nights in September. We decided to stay in one of the "super deluxe" rooms, which was said to have a good view (which it did) and a hot shower and refrigerator (which it didn't). In fact, the shower didn't work at all when other people downstairs were taking a shower.. Also we couldn't find any of the staff to tell them about it, so all we could do was wait for the people downstairs to finish showering.The staff was really friendly though, especially the owner! I'm sure they would have helped us if we could have found them. All in all, nice hostel, but it's definitely not worth going for the super deluxe rooms. The ones downstairs are basically the same (or even better) except for the view.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NellieNellieNellie
Reviewed 3 August 2013

PROS
Incredibly friendly and helpful staff - nothing too much for them and they will go out of their way to make your stay memorable
Very clean rooms
Good value for money
The verandas with hammocks are perfect for lounging - especially the view from the hammocks on the top floor!
Kitchen is pretty clean

CONS:
The rooms are quite dark
The fan doesn't actually blow air onto the bed (where you need it the most!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank HTH_12
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We where here for 5 days. We had the private double on the top floor. View is beautifull rooms are nice. Bathroom was not super clean but oké! (it is a hostal!) Patrick was the host (King of the castle) when we where there. Super nice guy, gives lots of information and local tips! For me bastimentos is the place to stay in bocas! The hostal is a good base to explore the island and get to know the rastas in oldbank.

Patrick if you are in Holland you know how to find us!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed here for two nights and had a good time. I paid for a private room, but there were no available when I checked in so I got a dorm room to myself. I loved the hammocks all over the place, especially on the top floor where I was because you have a lovely view of the water and the docks. I got a chance to see the cabana type rooms in the back and they were very lovely. The island is small enough that everything is close to everything. Staff was wonderful and friendly, especially the owner. I had no complaints and would recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
#4 of 18 in Isla Bastimentos
Bambuda Lodge
Bambuda Lodge
#1 of 2 in Isla Solarte

Been to Hostal Bastimentos? Share your experiences!