“Great diving!”
Review of Scuba 6 ECO Diving

Scuba 6 ECO Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Scuba 6 Eco Diving and our little corner of paradise. Specializing in small groups allows us to do things differently. First, we offer high quality personalized service and cater to the client’s individual needs. Our extra-long bottom times, one-of-a-kind dive briefings and our unique and innovative way of guiding the dives have earned us the reputation of offering the best dive experiences in Bocas del Toro. When it comes to dive training, we make an extra effort to help students attain a higher level of skills and confidence than normally achieved.That’s the difference passion makes. We are the only dive operation in Panama to offer eco diving and citizen scientist programs that show divers how to collect scientific data that marine biologists and foundations will use to help protect the marine environment this in turn makes your dives even more fun. We also apply sustainable business practices and continuously strive to leave less of a footprint. Michel is co-owner and a PADI Course Director with a stellar reputation and over 25 years dive experience. Ginette is co-owner, a PADI instructor with over 20 years dive experience - her passion is coral reef ecology. All team members are trained in eco diving and sustainable practices. Come dive with us and find out first hand why so many people make us their number one choice.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
“Great diving!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed diving at scuba 6! The prices are good, the diving shop is beautiful and the dives are just great!

Visited February 2014

Calgary, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Perfect diving experience: knowledgable, relaxed, safety conscious, and fun!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

FYI: Scuba 6 is under new ownership since about October 2013.

My GF and I saw the sign for Scuba 6 Diving (end of January 2014) on the main path and followed it to the end where they are located. New owners Aaron and Isa are very welcoming and made the entire experience very worthwhile. This was my first dive since completing my Open Water course 6 weeks earlier and Aaron ensured we were comfortable though also reviewed some of the more important safety/knowledge items while not treating it like a test or anything.

My GF had to complete one skill that she failed during her Open Water Course and Aaron was very accommodating; he brought in his freelance dive instructor, Alex, since he is not yet an instructor (though he will be very soon). Aaron and Alex were both very relaxed and remained so throughout the dives and while my GF completed the skill (yay) successfully.

We did two dives and saw lots of coral and fish including lion fish, a toad fish, parrot fish, angel fish, lobster, and loads more that i do not know the name of. The visibility was good enough considering it had rained a bit the tao nights prior. The BCD`s and regulators/low pressure inflator etc. appear brand new. They provided snacks and water on the boat as well.

Scuba 6 is a small dive shop that ensures small groups. This is my preference and if it`s yours I highly recommend diving with them.

Visited January 2014
“Incredible experience”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I dove two tanks with Roberto and Debbie in June 2013 on our honeymoon and had an amazing time... It had been a few months since we were in the water and Roberto was incredibly patient and helpful with us and made us feel instantly confident again. He's super safe, and he's got a way of making you feel really comfortable, which we haven't experienced everywhere. Couldn't say better things about this dive op and its super friendly owners. Our only regret is that we didn't budget more time to do more diving with them!

Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wonderful attitudes/fun day underwater!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I dove with SCUBA 6 and Roberto for one day in September. They only dive the west end of Bastimentos (near the town Old Bank), so if you are staying at the east end (Casa Cayuco, Al Natural, etc), trying to arrange transportation to the dive shop may be time/money prohibitive-check with your hotel before going.

Roberto and his wife Deb are lovely-they are welcoming and very friendly. We've done a lot of diving, and unfortunately the reefs around Old Bank aren't in great shape due to human pressures, but for beginner divers, the experience will be extremely positive.

Roberto specializes in teaching beginner divers, and I can see how he would be terrific in this role.

Visited September 2013
“Highly recommendable”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went diving with Roberto from scuba 6 on a two tank dive in September -13. Straight from the beginning we got the sense that these guys are serious about their business. There were many small things that made the experience very pleasant and we felt very comfortable the whole time (which isn't always the case in different dive shops).

Scuba 6 takes safety very seriously and want the divers have the best possible experience. Even when these weren't the best dives that we've had, considering the visibility, marine life etc,
I'd definitely recommend Scuba 6 to anyone interested in going diving in Bocas del Toro.

Visited September 2013