“Phenomenal Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Firefly Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Firefly serves Thai/Caribbean food in an open air, outdoor setting directly on the Caribbean Ocean. We source locally and organically whenever possible and believe in using ingredients readily available to make up our menu. Because of this philosophy, our menu items may change daily. Contact us for special Occasion or private dining! We can create an amazing atmosphere! Contact at least 24 hours in advance if you wish to do a tasting menu, starting at 5 courses. Full bar, Cash only and reservations required. CLOSED TUES/WED
Seattle, Washington
“Phenomenal Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you are anywhere near Bastimentos, you MUST eat at The Firefly. You'll need to make reservations, as they have a limited supply of food. They use all local ingredients in uniquely scrumptious ways. You will be truly delighted, especially if you are a foodie. The quality is on par with any major metropolitan city restaurant. I read that it was good, but didn't it expect it to be that good, as the location is so off the beaten path. Lauren knows her way around the kitchen.

Visited April 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Another satisfied customer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had been reading about The Firefly for a while before finally making a trip to Isla Bastimentos. We were not disappointed! The service was awesome, very professional. The atmosphere is very comfortable and inviting. I liked how the owner explained the process, went through every item on the menu with us, etc. The cocktails were delicious, with some unique options. The food is served in small-ish portions, tapas style, so each dish arrives as it is ready. This was a perfect way for my friend and I to enjoy several flavors and dishes from the menu at a comfortable pace. We ordered three dishes between us, and we were very satisfied. Granted, neither of us are big eaters. Everything was so fresh and tasty and expertly prepared. It is the most expensive dining option on the island (and general Panamanian prices), but it's not expensive compared to U.S. or European prices. Definitely worth the splurge! Thank you!

Visited January 2014
Hoboken, NJ
“Off the beat path and worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My foodie husband found this little gem of a restaurant in old town. It's very clean and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the fried green tomato sandwich and fries.

• Visited April 2014
Door County, Wisconsin
“Best Panama trip resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Recently returned from a couple weeks in Panama and Firefly restaurant AND lodging was the best of the entire trip! Great food with fun hosts in a location second to none.

Schusters from Wisconsin

• Visited February 2014
Ephraim, Wisconsin
“Charming & Elegant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Last year on my vacation in Bocas I had lunch at the "Firefly" restaurant. It was fabulous. This year on my return to Bocas I made it a point to return for dinner as they no longer are serving lunch. I could not have been more pleased. When you are looking for an exceptional meal at a good price this is the place to go. It has a divine view and awesome food. I had the coconut shrimp [BIG AND SUCCULENT] as a appetizer and Filet Mignon as a main course. I must say it was one of the better combinations of dishes I have ever had. OH, don't forget to have one of Ryan's margaritas to top off your dining experience on this tropical island. It is well worth the short and fun ride from BocasTown on a local water taxi to reach "The Firefly". Lauren will become your personal chef as you watch the ocean from their large and comfortable deck and enjoy a Caribbean sunset.

• Visited March 2014