“best beach on Bastimentos”
Review of Red Frog Beach

Red Frog Beach
Book In Advance
More Info
US$45.00*
and up
Full-Day Tour of Bastimentos Island and Polo...
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a beautiful beach with waves, white sand and a nice cafe where you can buy 2$ beer and cocktails. You can rent gear from the beach hostel as well. There's also food if you are so inclined. Beaches with food and drink - did you come to Bocas for anything else? If coming from Bocas main you should check this beach out and if you're staying on Bastimentos trust me - Take the boat ride. I know everything is dirt cheap on this island but when the locals tell you it's a rough hike to Red Frog, they are not kidding. I grew up hiking in Colorado and all over the place and during the beginning of rainy season the trek to get to this beauty of a beach is serious business. If you get the opportunity to stay in the "glamping" tents or in the nearby resorts, I highly recommend it. I wish I would have spent my entire stay here. And I wish I hadn't saved it for the end of my trip. I would have come here every day if I had known.

2  Thank etalmich
"nice sand"
"taco stand"
"isla colon"

Reviewed 13 May 2014

It was definitely a beautiful beach but there was a lot of washed up branches, leaves and seaweed which made the seawater less clear and enjoyable. The water was otherwise warm and fun to play in the waves. Beach around the corner was more secluded but so much more beautiful.

2  Thank A A
Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you like playing in the waves - Red Frog is your beach! Also an awesome bar and restaurant to get drinks at - and they have tons of limes for your rum. We didn't eat there just had drinks and met lots of fun people. Lots of space on the beach to park yourself and watch the people playing in the waves.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Red Frog Beach is one of the best spots on Isla Bastimentos. We were there during the rainy season, so it was very wet. But the beach is beautiful, reddish/tan sand, lots of space to walk. It's busy, but not too crowed (at least when we were there). It's easier to get to than some of the neighboring beaches. You can take a water taxi to the marina, then walk about 10 minutes to the beach.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The best thing about Bocas del Toros were the beaches each a different experience. Red Frog (we didn't actually see any here but we weren't looking very hard either) beach is pretty and fun. The waves are good for body surfing, the shallows were wading and there is a decent beach bar/cafe. We didn't notice too much undertow but did hear it can be a concern. You can get food and drink in the cafe but bring everything else you need including towels or something to sit on. Overall a very enjoyable beach.

2  Thank girltracey